It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2006, 02:02 PM   #1
(female)

BoardBabe HB User
Question How long do I have to wait to find out if I'm pregnant?

Hi, I hope this thread fits here. The note says that this board is only for those who are already pregnant but I don't think it would be fair to post it in the teen pregnancy section.

I was expecting my period around first of July and by today I still have not had it. That is an issue for another thread because I don't know why I am a few weeks late. Skipping forward to this past Friday night - While having sex, the man I was with as he was coming, the condom literally broke in half so that the top half had come completely off and I can't tell if he ejaculated inside me. I was scared and in denial so I didn't really check and we just made a joke about how you always hear "the condom broke" but never really believe it and now it happened to us.

So my question is, do I have to wait until I get my next period to find out if I am pregnant or not? It is more confusing because I am already so late with my period, which does sometimes happen when it is a week or two late ( I do not take BC so it's not regular) so now I am not sure what to do. I heard you can't take pregnancy tests for at least 2 or 3 months but by then I'd know anyways by having missed my period for so long. Do I sit and wait patiently? Please help with any info you can offer. (FYI I am in my early 30s and never have been pregnant before).

Another thing that worries me is that on Saturday and Sunday I did a lot of heavy drinking. Only today I am wondering what if I actually got pregnant and now I am also wondering if all the drinking would have aborted it?

Last edited by BoardBabe; 07-24-2006 at 02:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2006, 02:25 PM   #2
(female)

blackeress HB User
Re: How long do I have to wait to find out if I'm pregnant?

do a test chick you never know hun then decide from there what do do. there is a strong possibilty you are pregnant. but do a test and if comes back either way make an appointment to see your doctor. loads of love to ya

Old 07-24-2006, 02:36 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

I don't know who told you you have to wait 2/3 months -- most early response tests will give you an accurate result at the lastest by two weeks after you missed your period, and that's assuming your hormones are low. Why are you sure you are not pregnant already? I'd recommend going out and buying a test soon to see if you are already pregnant from before this condom thing. If it tests negative, then wait another three weeks and test again.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:37 PM   #4
(female)

CRR0908 HB User

I agree with the previous post. Take a test! I personally took a test a week before my AF was due and got a positive result. If you are about 3wks late it should show up on a hpt. (However, some women never get positive hpts and go in for bloodwork.) Good luck and keep us posted. (If you have any more questions try the Trying to Conceive thread on this board. Those ladies are full of information.)

Old 07-24-2006, 02:41 PM   #5
(female)

BoardBabe HB User

Oh thanks for the info. I didn't know the tests can detect that early on. It's only been since Friday so I guess I'll wait a couple of weeks before I test and maybe by then I'll get my period anyways.

I would not have been pregnant before Friday even though my period is late because I did not have unprotected sex before the condom breaking incident just this past Friday. I'm wondering if it's the heat or maybe a change of hormones causing me to be so late with my period prior to Friday.

The condom I used was a free one I got from the Planned Parenthood clinic. I guess they use poor quality ones because it was literally torn in half with one half still on him and the other half completely torn off. I also have a fear if he did it purposely so I contract something? We got in a little fight earlier on the same evening because he had licked his finger with his saliva to use on my vaginal area when I was looking away, knowing how against I am to have any of his bodily fluids contact me down there. We do not know each other well, just 'get together' now and then so this is really stressing me out.

Thanks for your responses!

Last edited by BoardBabe; 07-24-2006 at 02:45 PM.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:22 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

The lack of unprotected sex does NOT translate into no chance of being pregnant. Condoms fail, even when you can't see the hole. And people on BC have a 1% chance of getting pregnant in a given year.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:34 PM   #7
(female)

BoardBabe HB User

Well, I just placed an order for 2 first response test kits online. I'd be too embarassed to buy it at the store. So i'll do one test as soon as it arrives in the mail, then I'll wait a couple of weeks and do the other test. It says it can tell you if you're pregnant 5 days before your first missed period. I had no idea things were that evolved from the 2 - 3 months I always have thought you'd have to wait. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by BoardBabe; 07-24-2006 at 03:36 PM.

Old 07-24-2006, 04:01 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

They say five days, but they don't say how accurate it is at that point. Accuracy before your period is usually less than 80% -- if it says you're pregnant, then you are, but if it says you're not, you may well be anyway. It depends on your hormone levels. Usually within a week post-period it's accurate.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:56 PM   #9
(female)

BoardBabe HB User

That's good info to know bxr35. I'll take the first test as soon as I get the testing kit, then I'll wait a few weeks for the 2nd one but come on, I should be getting my period any day now. If not I'm sure I would've miscarried by now. I drank til I was so drunk I passed out over the weekend. I went to a war rally on Sunday in the over 100 degree heat where I walked for a few miles and was so hot and tired I had to sit for half an hour cuz i was feeling like I was getting a heat stroke. What a way to start a pregnancy.

Then today I woke up remembering the condomm breaking on Friday but deep down I doubt I could've gotten pregnant. My late period is just messing with my head and relating it to the condom thing. But we'll see! That would be TOO crazy!!!!!

Closed Thread