It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2006, 08:33 PM   #1
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User
First Prenatal Apt.

Well ladies, I just turned 12 weeks today and my first apt. is tomorrow. I am kinda freaking out b/c, I stopped "feeling pregnant". And I haven't had any gaining of weight. I am so scared that they are going to do an u/s and find that the baby has died, or not be able to find the h/b. My friend was pg too and went in for a normal 10 wk u/s and they couldn't find the baby's h/b. So, I figured if you guys don't see me on anymore, that is why. Hope all of you ladies are doing well! Good luck!

~Jackie~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2006, 07:17 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ament HB User
Re: First Prenatal Apt.

I know of plenty of people who didn't get morning sickness, and I'm 13 weeks and haven't gained anything, so I'm sure everything will work out fine for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2006, 08:10 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User

I worried just like you did! I worried because I wasn't gaining weight, wasn't sure if I was eating enough, didn't hear the heartbeat at 10 weeks etheir. I worried when they sent me for an early ultrasound and they only saw the sac but not really the baby. I worried about a miscarriage and it was all for nothing! My baby is fine and I am half way there already. I still worry or can't wait untill my next appointment to hear the heartbeat even though I can feel the baby kick now and it everything is fine. I think to a degree all pregnant mother's worry about something. You are normal but try not to stress yourself out over something that most likely is not going to happen. You have made it this far. I am sure you will make it the rest of the way. I use tho think I should enjoy this time and try not to stress because after all I am lucky to even get pregnant. Some women can't or have major problems when they do. I wish them the best but I am happy to be who I am and that I can have this experience or chance. Not that I wasn't greatfull but it was a way for me o calm myself down so I wasn't so stressed. You will probably find your own way to deal with the stress and everyone here will help you like they did me. You can get some good advice here!

Old 07-25-2006, 02:38 PM   #4
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User

Well, I am back from my apt. And I just want to say that I thought I was freaking out b4, little did I know I would be even more stressed out at the OB. When I got there, she said I should be 16 wks along, and when she did the internal, I only measured a 12 week old uterus. Then she couldn't find the h/b, even using 2 dopplers! That pretty much made my heart stop. I started balling my eyes out! She ordered an u/s to see if she could get the h/b through that. I had to wait an hour to get the u/s in which I was totally convinced that our little bean had died. When I finally got in there for the u/s, I started crying, and the tech said "honey don't cry, I have the h/b right here!" OMG! When I heard that I think I cried more than I was for the bad news! She told me to look at the screen, and there he/she was kicking his feet, and waving his arms! My husband and I broke down and cried. We got to keep the sonogram pic, which made me excited. I was so upset with that dr., I wanted to die. Here, she misinterpreted my edd. I am only 12 wks, which I totally knew, and tried to tell her in the beginning. I know that this is very early for me, and that anything could happen at any time, but it felt so good to see our little bean in there. I am still gonna take it one day at a time, and try not to stress, but until month 7-9, I am gonna worry. I appreciate all of your advice! Good luck to all of you ladies!

~Jackie G.~

Old 07-25-2006, 04:39 PM   #5
(female)

sousou HB User

HI JACKIE
That's nice!!I am so happy for you!CONGRATULATIONS!!!
all you went through is part of motherhood, mothers are always worried about small and big things ...I wish you a very enjoyable preg, an easy labor and a very healthy baby!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2006, 06:05 PM   #6
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User

Thanks Sousou, I wish you the same!

Old 07-26-2006, 04:47 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

newmom2be HB User

its ok not to gain weight durng my prenacy i only gained 16 pounds and i delievered at 38 weeks and 2 days

Old 07-26-2006, 03:16 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

ament HB User

They couldn't pick up my baby's heartbeat at the first appointment either. I was really worried because the nurse practitioner said I was about 12-13 weeks judging by the fact my uterus was coming up over the pelvic bone. They did a sonogram and I turned out to be only 9 weeks. What I releif, I tell ya. Contrats, I knew everything would work out good for you!!!!!!

Closed Thread