It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2006, 05:41 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Trooper HB User
October Mommies Part 2

I requested the other thread to be closed due to length - so I started this new one.

Hello all you October mommies!!!

I missed you all so very much. I’ve been reading along, just haven’t been posting. I did need some time to adjust to the news of it being a girl. Not that I wasn’t excited just for a healthy child, but I really, really, desperately wanted a boy. I still want my boy and dh and I are going to try again next July/August. So depression set in big time. It wasn’t just the girl thing, but a lot of other stressors with my job, etc added into it all.

Now that it’s getting closer, I’m very excited, girl or boy. I’ve already had my baby shower in CO where my family is (I’m in Chicago) and I’ll be having another one here in a couple weeks with work/friends. We’ve already got a lot of stuff, so I’m having a hard time making a list of things we still need.

Everything seems to be maintaining with me. I still have placenta previa. My cervix hasn’t shortened more, which is good. My blood pressure is a little elevated, but we are just monitoring that. I still suffer from extreme acid reflux and even though I’m on Prilosec every day, I throw up every night around midnight. I’m swollen 24/7 now, but the doctor won’t worry until my calves start to pit. Sugar test was fine too. Last visit at the doctor’s he said she’s measuring +/- 4 days. Gee, thanks for that accurate information! Lol… but now I have to go every 2 weeks!!! I might be a September mom after all. Due date is 10/6. Oh, I have been having bh contractions for 2 weeks now. Doc said it’s nothing to worry about. They hurt though!

The last couple of months have been extremely stressful for me and the next couple will be too. Dh will be out of town pretty much for the entire month of August, so I’ll be alone for weeks 31 – 34. So getting the baby room done (painted, decorated, etc) needs to wait until he gets back. I’ve already got the bedding, etc, though, so that is taken care of. I just feel like everything is going to be so last minute… and I’m more of a very organized person. But we will deal the best we can like we have been.

I go for my 4D scan tomorrow. I really can’t wait to see her! She is very feisty (like me). She’s so big now that she pushes out from the inside and I can see her foot! It was surreal to actually touch it for the first time. I don’t know why, but it took until then to set in that I’m actually having a baby.

We got a video camera too, so now I will be recording my tummy! Lol… and she knows my voice!!! When I talk to her, she gets active/responds.

Oh – the name is Jayden Janice. Janice is my mother’s name. I wanted Brynne, but dh said no to that one. It’s okay though, I love Jayden, or JJ or Jay.

Depending on if I get a bonus at the end of the year or not will determine what my last day or work will be. It's either Sept. 15th or Sept. 29. I can't WAIT to stop working!!!

I’ve been reading all of your stories and I’m so happy to hear everyone is doing well. Befer – we would be bff if we knew each other off of this board. Rachel, glad to see you back! MrsB – I’m with you on the stress. Just hang in there best you can. Sava – now I’m dying to find out the name! Mandrea – how are you doing?

Well, I’m have to get to work. I promise, I’ll hang around from now on.

Love,
Trooper

Last edited by Trooper; 07-25-2006 at 05:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2006, 07:26 AM   #2
(female)

mandrea HB User
Re: October Mommies Part 2

Trooper - I was so excited to read your post this morning. I have been thinking about you and wondering how you have been! I'm sorry you still are having problems, but I can tell you feel so much better and it is so good to hear! I'm having reflux too, but not bad enough that I'm throwing up every night. That has to be miserable. I love Jayden Janice - what a beautiful name. We are considering using a name we had considered for my son when I was pregnant the first time. We didn't find out what the gender was and we had lots of names we were thinking about. Since our due dates are the same, I'm with you on possibly going in Sept. With both of my other children, I went into labor exactly one week prior to my due date, so I'm thinking I'll prob. go in Sept. My son was 9lbs a week early so I really don't want to risk having a baby bigger than that

Sava - did you and dh ever decide about the vasectomy issue? We've talked about that too, and my dh is willing to have it done. I'm trying to decide if it is as effective as getting my tubes tied. Still debating...

Befer - hope you are doing well!!! My little one was kicking down below also - definitely a strange feeling. Now I can feel body part sticking out, especially around my belly button but also around my sides sometimes. At my last appt. the ob did an u/s just to take a peek and his head was down below, so that's why I'm getting kicked in the ribs I guess. He still has room to move around, and he spends lots of time moving, lol.

MrsB - I'm having bh contractions alot too. They aren't painful, but when I've overdone it, they don't stop until I sit down and take a break. Hope you are feeling better otherwise, and that your dad is doing better.

Rachel - I'm with you on trouble sleeping at night. Some days I'm so irritable bc I have been awake since 3 or 4 a.m. If I wake up in the middle of the night it is so hard for me to get comfortable and go back to sleep. The last few nights haven't been bad though, so hopefully it gets better.

I guess I passed my sugar test since I never heard anything from my ob. I'm feeling better most days, but have had a couple really bad migraines lasting 2-3 days each (one at the end of June, and one just last weekend) I hope that doesn't happen again. I've been trying to work out when I can, although I took off about a month when I went on vacation, my sister and her family were in town for a week after that, and after my episode going to the hospital I just decided to take a break. I guess I don't feel as good as I did in my 2nd trimester, but it's not too bad. I mostly just tire out easily, get short of breath easily, and still deal with moodiness/irritability. I haven't gotten the nursery ready at all, but I'm a procrastinator. We'll be starting on that soon, hopefully. Has anyone's belly button flattened out yet? Mine hasn't but it's pretty close I think.

Are you girls with belly button rings having to part with them yet? I think a ring would look cool on a pregnant belly, but I don't have one myself. My cousin ended up taking hers out when she was preg. with twins and I don't think she ever put it back (I think it may have closed up).

Well ladies, we are in the home stretch!!!! I can remember when we were talking about our nausea and fatigue in the 1st trimester, and here we are in our 3rd!! I'm really optimistic that these last couple of months will go by fast - just think of how far we have come. Hope you all are feeling well!!!

Old 07-25-2006, 08:01 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User

Sorry about your problems Trooper! I know how you feel about being happy no matter if it's a boy or girl but wanting a boy. I consider myself luck to have a baby after my ectopic pregnancy and than my progesterone problems I started out with duirng this pregnancy (2nd) but I am getting closer to having my baby boy. Things on the home front could be better. My in-laws are freaking out my husband making have a baby seem like a curse by telling him he has to give up his life basically and all the things he likes to do. Yes we both will have to make sacrafices but not as drastic as they make it seem. They make it seem like everything good will be sucked out of you and now he changed his mind and only wants one child when we once agreed on having 2. I really wanted a boy and girl. I was secretly hoping for twins so he could refuse the child, now if he won't give in how am I going to have another one. I have decided if it's one I get than I am lucky and honored enough to have one! Just like you though I would really like 2 just like you would be happy with a girl but your really hoped for a boy.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:42 AM   #4
(female)

Savason1 HB User

Hi Trooper, it is good to have you back! And hello to everyone else!

Sleep has been terrible. I thought it was bad before but it is worse now! I am lucky to have 4-5hrs a night. I don't start work till noon and it is only till 4:30 so that is ok but today I got a call and they want me to start mornings in a different department and do my regular job in the pm. I am very excited because this is a good promotion opportunity but I am nervous because my sleep is so out of wack I don't want to come in sleep deprived and screw everything up.

Mandrea-As far as the vesectamy thing goes my dh is not taking it lightly. The last time we talked about it he freaked out and left the house for an hour and wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the night. Honestly I didn't say anything that was upsetting he is just really freaked by this. So we had a little talk about it when he stopped pouting and he read it over a little bit and asked for me to not mention it again and he will pursue it on his own. He promised. So we will see what happens I am not pushing it because it doesn't need to be done for awhile yet. I will bring it up after baby comes.

Trooper-sorry to hear you are still feeling so crapy! You do sound much happier now though. That is great! The babies name is beautiful, it rings wonderfully! I will tell all when I am ready, I am just not there yet. Again I am glad you are back.

Alleycat-when you ds arrives and your husband realizes how it is difficult but not life ending he will hopefully change his mind. My dh was the same he didn't want to try again but there was no way I was going to have dd grow up by herself. Our 15yr dd basically did and it wasn't easy for her. She was lonely!! We did our best to keep her busy and entertained but it just isn't the same as having the siblings to fight and play with. Needless to say now that he is having his son he is thrilled we decided to do it again!

Take care all and someone send me some sleep
Sava

Old 07-25-2006, 12:26 PM   #5
(female)

mrsb816 HB User

Hi everyone! Trooper, its great to have you back. Sorry this hasn't been an ideal pregnancy. The reflux sounds awful. I was so glad when I stopped throwing up. I can't imagine every night for all this time.

Alleycat, my husband wasn't really sure he wanted kids. We got married young, 20 and 21, then a year later we got pregnant. I had just finished my degree and he had a year to go. He wasn't excited through the whole pregnancy. He wasn't mean or bad about it either but he wasn't excited and seemed like the fun in life was being taken away. And then we had ds and I looked over from the operating table and he was standing there looking at him in awe and crying. I can't tell you how happy I was! Its been difficult at times but he's great w/ him and loves him so much and was very eager to try with this pregnancy and the whole experience has been different. Once the baby comes it may change your husband. Actually, mine has changed in a lot of ways. He's more loving and patient. Having a baby was great for him. Good luck and don't be too discouraged yet.

I went to the dr. on yesterday and had my glucose and 2nd u/s. Glucose was fine, but my iron is still pretty low which I figured b/c taking care of ds feels about like I imagine running a marathon would lately. The u/s showed the my cervix was still fine, w/ all the contractions I was a little worried. The 4D was great but the tech messed up and the new pics didn't get imported which was very unfortunate b/c dh wasn't able to go. grrr. But the important thing is she's healthy. Unfortunately, she's still measuring small so they changed my due date from 10/15 to 10/26. I'm disappointed b/c I'm so excited to have her here. Also, as of now she's still breech and in the same position that her stubborn big brother was the entire pregnancy. I really want to experience childbirth and since we don't plan to have more I'm really sad. I know it could change but that's what the dr said every appointment w/ ds. I just feel like I'm missing out on something special. I shouldn't complain and should just be happy she's healthy. Well, ds is napping and I think I'll join him. I'm so sorry for all of you sick and tired mommies stuck at work. Staying home this time around has been wonderful.

Old 07-27-2006, 04:51 PM   #6
(female)

befer70 HB User

oooohh, Trooper!!! I'm soooo happy you're back! I kept wondering about you and really felt the urge to call to check up on you, but obviously that wasn't an option. Love the name you picked for your girl! it's beautiful! And I, too, am sorry to hear that you're still suffering. this acid reflux does sound awful, and I consider myself very lucky that I don't have it (yet). Well, it's really wonderful to have you back and healthy, you two both!

We just had our first class of Child Birth Prep. last Tuesday and they showed us the video, which I must say, is very graphic!! You see everything!! If it was suppose to calm us down, well, it didn't work for me! I'm even more scared than before!!!! next week we'll get to see the maternity ward, which will be interesting.
other than that, I'm doing relatively well, meaning apart from the hemorrhoids, leg cramps, peeing adventures day and night. i had another appointment this morning and i told the nurse not to tell me my weight gain after last months disaster! but when my ob came in she was all smiles and said she was very happy with what i had gained. i said that i told the nurse not to tell. my ob said it would be a shame not to tell me since i only gained 1/2 pound!!! in four weeks!!! you go figure! i have no clue what my body is doing because i sure didn't do anything different. needless to say that i'm super excited now!!!!! YAY! my next appointment will be in three weeks instead of the usual four.
I, too, am a bit anemic and on iron supplements. I also have placenta previa and my next U/S will be within the next three weeks to check on that issue and hopefully see whether she's starting to change position yet.

Mandrea~ yes my belly button ring came out a while ago. i had purchased one specially for pregnancy, but it got infected and i just didn't want to deal with it anymore. who knows if i'll be able to ever put it back in, but that's the least of my worries!

it has been soooo incredibly hot the last couple of weeks that i'm surprised that i survived!! at some point it was 113 degrees and we were attending a wedding. the sweat just dripped down my legs!! it was a beautiful wedding nontheless! it's soooo much nicer now. how is everybody else coping with the heat?

well ladies, glad to have our group complete again and stay cool

B.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:41 PM   #7
(female)

Rachel ann HB User

Hi October moms....I'm surviving the heat. I'm counting the days. I had my 3D ultrasound and it was definitely worth it. The pictures came through really clear- he was in the breech position! Hopefully he'll turn around by his due date. As long as he is healthy, that is all that matters. I'm getting tired of working though. A co-worker is due on Labor day and tomorrow is her last day. I was going to stay up until 3 weeks before my due date, but anymore, it's a see how long you can hold out game. I just started with my job 4 months ago but told them my situation before I started. I had to tell them recently I can't air travel or drive over an hour, so I think they are well, not liking it. I know we all have protection under the law but it sure feels awkward. ANyway, I hope you are all doing well, happy and healthy- including baby

Old 07-27-2006, 08:48 PM   #8
(female)

Savason1 HB User

Hi everyone, well this is just a quick note........Rachel anne it is kinda funny you mentioned work. I am working a part time job monday through friday that I started a the end of february. I too told my boss that I was pregnant before I started. I found out a week after I accepted the job but they were fine with it. Anyway I had put a bid in on two jobs last week one another part time and one a full time, not thinking I will get a call on either of them due to being pregnant and not much seniority yet. Anyway they called me in for an interview for the part time this morning and ended up offering me the full time!!!!!! I am still in shock!! I am very excited about this new position, but have to admit a little nervous. I am just entering the 3rd trimester and this is when we slow down. I want to do well with this position and I know I can but I hope my forgetfullness and clumsiness doesn't get in the way. As well we got the go ahead to do all of our renovations on our house that need to be done and my mom is gun ho to do our living room. My head is spinning........... I think having this baby is going to be the easiest task for me out of all these coming events. I am taking this weekend to just veg out and think everything over and get a plan made for our house and get myself mentally ready for this new position. It is apparently a busy one.

Take care ladies. The heat has finally let up a bit for us. Thank goodness. Talk to you soon. S

Old 07-28-2006, 11:13 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User

Thanks for the advice everyone. I have another question for you. I am sure you have seen it posted before but I am getting nervous about the labor thing. I know it's gonna hurt and I still have 3 months to but I don't want to stroll in there and look like an idiot because I wasn't prepared. I can't afford the lamaze classes in my area and everyone I talked to says they were a waste of time and didn't help or they didn't even go and did fine. I found this book on the Bradley Method and it claims to be more affective and easier than lamaze meaning that some of the lamaze breathing technics are more confusing and can sometimes cause a person to hyperventilate (SP). Plus it claims that by using this Bradley method more women have been able to have an actual natural child birth without the help of drugs or forceps and other tools. It's all about relaxation and preparations before for the labor. Anyway, the book seems to make sense to me. Than again I am a 1st timer. Has anyone else looked into this or tried it?

Last edited by alleycat2; 07-28-2006 at 11:23 AM.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:43 PM   #10
(female)

mrsb816 HB User

It is 102 degrees out right now. I am in northern MN and am not used to this weather. I really hope this lets up soon. I feel bad b/c ds wants to go out and play a lot but this summer has just been so miserable I can't do it. I feel bad but as soon as I'm out in the heat for a little while I stop feeling my little one move, usually for several hrs. Anyone else have that problem?

Rachel Ann- sorry to hear you little one is breech. Mine is too, as was my first. There is still plenty of time for them to flip but have you considered what you will do if the baby stays breech? Are you considering aversion or will you just have a section? I don't think I will try aversion. I worry about the risks and I hear its nearly as painful as labor. But I do know people that it worked for. I'd really like to have a VBAC but I think dh would rather have a section. He likes to have things planned out.

Alleycat- my first was a section, like I said, so I haven't had real labor but I did take birthing classes the first time. The nurse who taught mine said that the actual breathing pattern isn't the most important, just as long as you don't get light headed. Its more about focusing on something and not pushing when you shouldn't. She recommended that coaches change things up as they like but keep the patterns just complicated enough that they take a little focus to complete. I don't know how helpful that is b/c I've never had the opportunity to use her advice but I thought I'd share. I didn't find most of the info. new when I took classes. It was a lot about signs of preterm labor and preparing for the baby, all things you can find online. One thing that was important though was at our hospital (I have no idea is this is common or not) if your coach has not taking the class about c-section they are not allowed in the o.r. Thankfully, we had (even though we didn't expect to need it when we took it) so dh was able to be there but that was the only real important thing. I think reading some books and looking online will be helpful and talking to your coach about what you think you'll need him to do for you will be enough. I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm sure we all will but I'll admit, I'm really scared too.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:41 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Trooper HB User

Hi all you October mommies!

Mandrea Ė thatís right, we have the same due date! I can feel the body parts around my belly button too. This morning has been especially bad. I donít know what she is doing in there, but sheís really pushing to get out. I guess itís her little arm and hand from the way she is positioned. My girls head is down below too and I constantly get kicked in the ribs on the right side. Itís so uncomfortable! Iím still walking and doing some weights. But I get short of breath so easy too. I got one of the pregnancy peircings and put that in around month 4. I love it! Itís so comfortable that I donít even know itís there.

Alleycat, hang in there with the family problems. Weíve all got them thatís for sure. I just ignore the best I can!

Savason Ė Iím with you, I get maybe 4-5 hours of sleep a night, if that. I go to sleep around 8pm. Wake up at 9:30 to puke. Get back to sleep around midnight, only to have dh come home from work and come to bed and wake me up at 1am. Then I am usually up from 1- 2 or 3. Then I am up at 4:45 for work. Come Friday, I am completely exhausted. Canít wait to hear the name you have picked out! And good luck in your new position for work! I can tell you are really excited! Donít work too hard though because itís not good to be stressed out.

MrsB Ė you are so lucky to be at home. I am literally counting the days until I can go on maternity leave, even though I figure Iíll be put on bedrest prior to that because of all my problems. Sorry the tech screwed up your 4D. I had mine done last week and got 84 pictures and a bunch of video clips. UGH Ė they changed your due date already? Maybe your little one will have a huge growth spurt. I think I would cry if they changed my due date on me and made it for later.

Befer Ė hemorrhoids? Iím surprised I donít have those because Iíve got every other stickiní crappy pregnant symptom! LOL Ė I have been doing the same thing about having the nurse not tell me my weight because I never wanted to know. Well my last appt was horrible! I saw the 3rd doctor in the rotation for the first time and he just came out and was like, ďYOU GAINED ENOUGH WEIGHTĒ. Iím like, UhhhhÖ excuse me? He said, you have gained enough. Gee thanks. I donít eat like a pig, workout and throw up, but yet I still manage to gain weight. Iíve gained 30 so far. Anyway heís like, ďitís hard to lose after pregnancyĒ. Bite me for one. And two, when I get back to playing soccer and running 5 miles a day, Iíll be FINE. I cried all the way home. Then I made the mistake of looking at all my nice pre-pregnancy clothes in size 2 / 4. Okay, one of my boobs wouldnít even fit into a sweater at this point!!! Iím so fat and miserable! No wonder my dh wonít even have sex with me. I guess I repulse him. Sorry about your belly ring getting infected. I would have taken mine out too if I had problems.

Hi Rachel Ann! Iím with you Ė itís basically the game of how long I can hold out at work. I have a new assistant starting next week, so some of the pressure will be off. I havenít had any help in over 3 months since I fired my last assistant. Now itís going to be a mad scramble training up until I leave.

The heat is terrible here. I blow up even more when I step outside.

My dh is now not going on that training, so he wonít be leaving me for 3 weeks. Iím SO happy about that. I think he is relieved too. I need him here. We picked out the paint for the babyís room this past weekend and this weekend we are going to shop for the crib, etc. My mom is buying them, but she lives in a different state than me, so I need to pick them out. We are going full force on the babyís room because dh is worried that Iíll be put on bedrest and wonít be able to do anything. Not that he expects me to do it all, but just the whole Ďnestingí thing. He knows it would bug me if I couldnít do stuff to get ready for the baby. I just want to get as much done now so I can relax when it comes closer to the due date.

Iíve already had my baby shower, but now work is throwing me another one Ė August 23rd. Iím excited for that!

I still donít know what to do about the throwing up. Iím sick of it though. Youíd think Iíd be skinny as a rail with everything that I throw up.

Hope you all are well!!!
Hugs
Trooper

Old 08-02-2006, 01:11 PM   #12
(female)

Savason1 HB User

Good day,

Trooper I feel so badly for you!! Still throwing up?? You poor girl. I am glad to hear your dh doesn't have to go away now. That must be such a releif to you. I have actually managed sleep these past few nights but wake up at 5 to pee. I try to get every last bit out before bed but there always seems to be left overs.

Alleycat I can not tell you anything about lamaze or bradley. I took a prenatal course with my first one but it really didn't teach any of that. If you think it will help you go ahead and learn it. I think anything is worth trying or gaining knowledge in when it comes to labour. labour really sucks and is very hard. It took me over a year to convince myself to have another child just because of labour. I remember the pain like it was yesterday but I also remember the feeling of when it was all done and my DD was in my arms. It is so worth it. I must also be a glutin for punishment becaue I am dead set on no drugs again!! I cringe as I write this but I did it once I can do it again.

As far as weight gain goes I like knowing my #'s. Even though it freaks me out every time but it would be worse if I didn't know. I am starting on the babies room this weekend. We need to tear stuff down and move things out and paint. We may change the flooring to if we can afford it. I think I am starting nesting early because I am already thinking about what meals to make and freeze and cleaning things I never thought of doing before.

Take care all!! Hope you are all getting lots of rest.
Sava

Old 08-02-2006, 07:24 PM   #13
(female)

befer70 HB User

Alleycat~ i'm very fearful of labor and birth myself and have been having doubts as to whether i should really try this w/out pain meds! dh and i just had our second childbirth prep class yesterday and she emphasized a lot on the breathing techniques this time. she would really like to see a lot of us try it w/out pain meds, and is trying to give us as many tools as she can. i personally like the class and think we will take a lot of it with us into l&d. but i've also heard different stories, so i guess it really depends on the instructor. it said in the outline that she's teaching the Lamaze technique, and she's mentioned hyperventilation as well, not in conjunction with Lamaze but just to recognize the symptoms when they appear. i guess what you want to try to avoid is breathing shallowly and fast, or too deep. both will make you hyperventilate faster. also, she said not to do the breathing techniques too early, since it will be quite a while from the start till the real big contractions come! you don't want to tire yourself out. another tool she gave us is to have a focal point, whether it's an object, picture or something else that you like, or by using mental imagery. we tried one breathing techniques like this:
partner is touching you at a body part (preferrably a limb and not the stomach, since he will be squeezing you hard!) and gradually increase the grip to simulate the contraction, which will last about 45 seconds in the beginning (until you get to the real heavy ones which will last about 60-90 seconds!)and then releasing again. at the same time you will start off by taking a cleansing breath when you feel it coming on, then start to breath slowly at first then steadily increase the speed and changing to a little more shallow breathing, until you feel the contraction subside, in which you will again slow down your breathing until it's gone and you can take a final cleansing deep breath. all the while you focus on an image, or other focal point or whatever helps. for me, i like to just take whatever comes to my mind at that point, which was a soaring eagle or hawk in the sky, just circling. i thought that was kinda neat!
i guess the trick is to focus on anything else but the contraction! and just like mrsb said, the coaches are there to mix things up a little and help you remember, cause you'll probably even forget to breathe!!! she also mentioned to choose your coach wisely, ok your dh or partner will be there for sure, but the other person, she said, should definitely be someone you could tolerate in your own kitchen. i thought that was a good thing to know!
don't know whether that helped a little or not, but it sure made me feel a whole lot better about the whole labor thing!!

Trooper~ i finally got a prescription drug from my OB for the hemorrhoids, and they seem to disappear, thank GOD!!! they really started to hurt, plus i just kept having that visual of them sticking out more than the baby's head at birth, ahhhhh, like the worst nightmare i've ever had!!!
i would have slapped that OB of yours had he said anything like that to me! what an inconsiderate SOB! i mean, it's not that we all know that we're not suppose to gain a lot of weight! duuh!
i couldn't imagine throwing up like this! has your doc said anything as to why this is happening? i guess you really have to be careful not to lose too many nutrients that way.

I'm going to work until the end of September and take the last two weeks of October off. my mom is flying in on 9/27 so that will be good timing. we're going to wait with the shower till she's here, since she's never been to one before. this will cut things a little close, but on the other hand they want me really big! haha. like i'm not already!
we're going to wait with the nursery, since my mom will be using the room while she's here, and then we'll have different visitors arriving until December/January so we figured there is no rush! we got the crib and changing table already, a dear friend of us gave us hers, which is in perfect shape still! i put all the clothes that i have for her already in the drawers (still need to wash everything) but this way, it's out of my way. i got really excited doing that and would have loved to start decorating already!!!! in fact, i'm getting more and more excited as it gets closer.
she is kicking and moving around like crazy too, but i can't figure out which way she's facing... i guess we'll find out once i get the other u/s.

oh dear, sorry about the big post! talk to you all later and hope you all will continue to post!!

ciao, B.

Old 08-04-2006, 05:24 AM   #14
(female)

mandrea HB User

Sava - how bad is the pain in the last 20 mins. or so? I'm considering going drug free also, because with my last preg. (dd) I labored at home for 18 hrs. before I was in the hospital, and I got an epi because I didn't want my ds to see me in excrutiating pain. At that point I had gotten used to the contractions and they had progressed naturally so I could handle the pain but was unsure how much worse it would get. The epi was prob. too late and seemed to only numb my legs. I was still hurting but I think it helped with the pain of the baby actually coming out. Anyway, after I got the epi dd was born within 30 mins. so afterward I was thinking I should have tried without. I've never had probs. feeling bad from an epi - I was able to walk soon after birth and both of my children nursed immediately with no trouble at all, so I guess the main reason I'm considering going without this time is if I can do it, why not. Anyway, any thoughts you have would be very helpful.

Have you all decided whether you will bf or bottle feed? I bf'd both my other children and plan on doing it again. My first was toe curling painful but he didn't latch on properly and I didn't know any better, plus he used me as a pacifier so it seemed like he nursed all the time. With my dd it went smoothly, but she started sleeping through the night really soon and I ended up having to pump and take reglan (?) to increase my milk supply. I weaned my ds a couple wks before he turned 2, and my dd by 18 mos., maybe earlier I can't remember exactly with her.

Has anyone been really hormonal? I feel like I go through weekly pms episodes. I was never like this during my previous pregnancies - emotionally I always felt pretty good after the first 8-12 wks. This time, I get pi**ed off easily and depressed also at times. One thing you are supposed to have a break from during pregnancy, and I feel like I'm on the rag all the time

I've been having to watch what I eat in the evening now, because I'm nauseous again at night. Not throwing up, but feeling like I could. It's as though my stomach is up at my throat and when I drink cold water at night I get brain freeze bc the water just sits in my throat for so long, lol.

I feel for you who are working while preg. I think I would do okay until after lunch or so, but by 2:00 I don't feel like doing much. Fatigue is back and the heat doesn't help. I hope you working moms get a break soon!

Mandrea

Last edited by mandrea; 08-04-2006 at 05:24 AM.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:32 AM   #15
(female)

Rachel ann HB User

Mrs B 816, you had a breech with your first? Do you know if it is normal for the baby to be in breech at around 28-29 weeks and then flip over? Or is it more common for them to stay in the breech until delivery? I'm 31 weeks now.

Closed Thread