It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
(female)

LibertyGirl HB User
What foods are good?

hi everyone,

I know its important to eat fresh fruits and vegetables. I was just wondering which fruits and vegetables are most nutritious!?!

Anyone has good ideas for me?

Thank you and Good luck to all...

~LibertyGirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2006, 01:19 PM   #2
(female)

AGemini HB User
Re: What foods are good?

I would eat as many fruits and veggies as you can. It's good to have a variety. Don't forget about lean protein, nuts, whole grains, dairy, lots of water. I've been eating a lot of peaches, nectarines, watermelon, oranges, pinneaple, canteloupe and grapes. I'm 21 weeks and 4 days!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2006, 01:48 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User

I read in the book that stuff like the green vegetables are really good and even like cauliflower. I thought nuts were good but in my book I am reading it says no peanuts because your baby might be allergic and you won't even know. I guess peaunuts are one of the things people are most allergic too when it comes to food. I try to eat as much fruit and vegetables as I can no matter what they are. I only eat the ones I like though but it's better than none at all. I guess your not suppose to eat too much tuna. Fish is good as long as it doesn't come out of a lake that might have polutants in it. I think chicken and turkey are good for you too. Milk is good. Juice is good too but try not to drink to much or at least to much with sugar in it because if your Doctor is like mine, there is a lot os sugar and you weight might increase too fast. I try to dilute it with water. I still eat the things I like that are not so good for me too, but not as much. You still need a little bit of fats. The book says that cravings are a way of telling you that the baby is missing something.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:58 PM   #4
(female)

LibertyGirl HB User

hi,

Thank you to both you guys.

I have been trying to eat a banana and another fruit everyday in addition to a glass of Calcium fortified orange juice. I take my prenatal vitamins and extra calcium supplement as well.

I also drink a glass of milk a day, a pack of fruit yoghurt (too much sugars though)...

I eat enough vegetables monday through wednesday coz i get to cook. Remainder of the day, i just cook something simple and fast. I got veggie dip to have raw broccoli and carrots but i hate it... I even got V8 but i never feel like having that either... I try sometimes though coz i know its necessary... Thankfully, i am not nauseous!!! So i can gulp it without gagging...

Thanks for the tips... i didn't know cauliflower was good... I like this thing i make with cauliflower and potatoes... it has onions, tomatoes and Indian spices in it...

Hey Alleycat, what book are you readin?

Thank you again AGemini and Alleycat... I hope i will keep up the good eating habit... Although last weekend i ate a lot of crap... too many birthdays including my hubby's...

Old 07-26-2006, 02:26 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

sarawithnoH HB User

As far as veggies and fruits go, a good rule of thumb is to eat the colorful ones. If eating salad, stay away from iceberg lettuces and go for mixed greens.

The peanut thing has been proven a myth. They said that if you eat a lot of peanuts you might make your baby become allergic as a child. Nuts are great to eat because they have good fats. Almonds are the best.

Old 07-26-2006, 02:37 PM   #6
(female)

Just~A~ HB User

Oh, I hope the peanuts thing is a myth! I eat pb almost everyday for protein. I'm not a vegetarian, but I'm just sort of a picky eater. Esp. now that I'm nauseous half the time. I usually eat the baby greens salad, but have found a slight aversion to it of late. I can't stand hardly any salad dressings anymore. It's terrible! LOL. I love fruit so that's no problem. I also dilute the juice (orange or apple juice) a bit with water to cut down on the sugar, plus it's actually too sweet anyway.

I avoid tuna, too, thanks to this site, realized feta and bleu cheese are off the menu. Raw eggs are a no-no, too, which includes Cesar dressing? Did you all know that? Jeez.... it seems so crazy, all this stuff.

~A~

Closed Thread