It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2006, 07:42 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

star_shine_2010 HB User
Talking a little update :) (Trisomy 18)

Hey girls, my due date was moved up to Feb. 1st, instead of Feb. 10th. I've been getting weekly ultrasounds done to monitor her. There's a high probability she'll die in utero, so every Wed. I get ultrasounds, which is great for me, but a pain in the bum to deal with my insurance to cover them. My insurance normally only covers the routine ultrasounds, and now I'm considered high-risk, so I'm still trying to get authorized for all the ultrasounds. grrrr. So I'm 13 weeks pregnant today!!
It's sad that I'm out of the normal danger zone for healthy pregnancies, but with mine, I'm just now jumping into it. But everything on the last ultrasound looked good, except for her fast hb. It was 191bpm. But it changes drastically during the ultrasounds.
I pray everyday that I'll just make it to term to have her and see her, even if only for a few hours. I've decided to take this year off school kind of. I'm just going to take a few internet courses. My OB wants me to take it easy. So i'll be cutting my workload down alot also. Which starts to put me in a financial bind, but it's worth it to make sure everything is ok.
Well just wanted to update yall a little bit on my little girl

Old 07-27-2006, 07:48 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Jonanner HB User
Re: a little update :) (Trisomy 18)

Thanks for the update. You and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 07:51 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

star_shine_2010 HB User

Thanks! I'm really scared. I'm 20 years old and never thought something like this would happen to me...ever. It's like a whirlwind of emotions. I just pray for a live birth.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:51 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

Taking the year "off" sounds like a great idea, and I'm glad you're making it work for you. I'm sorry your insurance is being such a pain about the u/s, but at least you get to see her every week! I know for me the whole there's a baby in there didn't feel real except during an u/s until I started being able to feel it move regularly. Visiting with her every week by u/s will help you build a bond.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:53 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

yellowrose5006 HB User

Yes, please keep us updated. And don't let that insurance company give you any trouble. Kick some butt and get what you need!

Old 07-27-2006, 07:54 AM   #6
(female)

Just~A~ HB User

I have so much respect for you, star shine. You and the baby will be in my prayers. And as much as it can be frightening, I appreciate learning from everyone's experiences here. I'm actually learning to feel less guilty for the m/c I had 2 yrs ago (only at 6.5 wks). I see that there are any number of things that could have gone wrong that probably had nothing to do with how I treated my body (not that I'm a drug abuser or anything!!).

~A~

Old 07-27-2006, 08:00 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

star_shine_2010 HB User

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate all the support I'm getting on here. I joined a support group for Trisomy 18 babies. Alot of moms on there have already had their babies die, either in utero (majority), or were stillborns. So I'm getting a little nervous. And I feel blessed. Most of these moms didn't find out about their little ones illnesses until it was too late to even have an option to abort. I found out early enough to where I had the choice, and it makes me feel so much better that I chose not to.
It's hard without her father in the picture. I never expected this from him. He still sees me, but refuses to talk about her. Hopefullyhe'll come around, but I'm not counting on him at all. I love my ultrasounds, b/c it is a way to bond with her
I have a question for all you moms out there. How early did you feel your little one flutter around? My OB said I should feel her pretty early b/c I was so small to begin with. I was told when moms are on the smaller side, they tend to feel their babies earlier. I'm just waiting!! That will be the ultimate thrill for me!! I can't wait.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:29 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

Well, I'm certainly NOT on the small side. I think I felt something at 17 weeks, but after that I didn't feel anything at all until 21 weeks, when I started to feel something every day. One of my favorite activities in long meetings is watching my belly when the baby's awake to see when I can see the movements on the outside.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:33 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

star_shine_2010 HB User

Woohoo! Well hopefully I'll feel something around the same time too. I weighed 110 before pregnancy, I'm up to 118 now. I just can't wait to feel her. It'll be like an everyday comfort to feel her.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:42 AM   #10
(female)

firsttimemom HB User

Star_shine
You are such an amazing woman. I have read all of your posts and you always sound so positve with everything that is going on. You are such an inspiration to all women pregnant or not. You and your DD are in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 07-27-2006, 01:43 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

newmom2be HB User

i have heard a lil about this but if the baby is born will she live or will she only be with u for a lil while ...i dont mean to upset u i just trying to find out more about this .........ui hope your baby will have a happy live in ur belly and outside good luck to u .....u will be in my thought s both of u

Old 07-27-2006, 03:57 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

newmom -- Most live-birth Trisomy 18 babies die within two days of birth -- most within hours. However, some live to five or six years, and the number I've seen is that there are 10 Trisomy 18 kids in the world who have made it into their teens. Once they survive the critical first week, a lot depends on how aggressive you want to be with invasive heart and intestinal surgeries; many feel that because the life-span is still so short, and because the children are so severely handicapped, that it's better to let them live naturally as long as they can than to subject them to painful procedures; others feel one should treat them medically as one would any other child. But it's really very few -- maybe 1 or 2% who have to worry about this.

Old 07-28-2006, 09:22 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

newmom2be HB User

wow im sorry to hear this if i wuold be in that spot i dont know if i would go along with it sincei wouldnt want my baby to have any pain ,....i dont beleive in abortion but in this cause i would have to think about it i still think your an amazing women for doing this you most be s strong person still i hope u get to see his baby when he or she is born and spend time with he or she

Old 07-29-2006, 01:09 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

i wish you much happiness and hope there are many positives ahead for you and your little one. you are a very strong lady so i know you will be a great great mommy

Old 07-31-2006, 08:18 PM   #15
(female)

moonstarlet HB User

Star -

There are some cultures that believe that there are souls who only need to experience life briefly - they are "higher" beings and do not need to live a long time on this plane to work out unresolved karma issues, nor do they have a chance to sin or to think evil thoughts. They come, live, and go in perfection. Although I said (and I meant) in my last post that we would support your decision 100% no matter what you decide, I am glad that you made this choice and are okay with it. By allowing this soul to come through you and experience life, no matter how long, in or out of utero, and by loving and accepting her, I truly believe that you will be especially blessed - you will have allowed another soul to fulfill her purpose and destiny, and she will be grateful. Yes, you are young and you never expected this, but there are some things bigger than we can understand. Sometimes we are called to action to fulfill a purpose or to be an angel to someone else and help them get where they need to go on their journey. I believe that you are a "life checkpoint" for your baby, and that she will provide your soul with inspiration to grow. It is no coincidence that you have met eachother and love eachother on your respective journeys. I do not know what your spiritual beliefs are (and I am not usually this new age!) but in truly speaking from my heart, I believe that you have made a good and important decision.

Peace,
Moonstarlet

Closed Thread