It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2006, 04:28 PM   #1
(female)

mel-mel HB User
How long will I be so tired?

I am 9 weeks today and the last few weeks I have been so tired and sleepy during the day - to the point that I feel like I have to lay my head down on my desk. How long does this last. The other thing is I feel like the baby must be sucking my brains out. I can't think! My husband told me last weekend he wished I would plug the other half of my brain in! (Lovingly of course.)

Old 07-27-2006, 07:57 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

misip HB User
Re: How long will I be so tired?

Till your child is grown, out of the house, and you have retired.

Haha, no but seiously... I was pretty tired untill my second trimester, then I picked up a bit. And in my 7th month I had a HUGE energy spurt. But now I'm tired again *sighs*... 5 more weeks, then I'll be super tired, lol.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 10:10 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

*Stace* HB User

It depends.....Me personally, I've been tired throughout my entire pregnancy (I'm 33 weeks right now), and the sad part is that I don't even work outside of the home!!

As far as being forgetful....say hello to Mommy Brain! I seriously will walk into a room to do something, and by the time I actually get into that room, I've forgotten what I intended to do. Notepads have become my best friend - I write down EVERYTHING these days!!

Old 07-27-2006, 11:02 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Jonanner HB User

Hi. I was tired the first few months, then felt much better in the second trimester. Of course now I'm about to start my 8th month and I'm totally exhausted again. It also has become harder to sleep at night because of all ofthe physical changes, but luckily I'm home during the day so I can take naps.

You might as well forget you ever had a brain for a while. Mine is totally preoccupied with the baby and I don't really have the concentration for anything else. My husband's new thing is to constantly remind me of what I'm supposed to be doing, and then to remind me again 5 minutes later.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

for about 5 years lol. my early pregnancy tiredness lasted about 16 weeks but we are all different. at the end from about 28 weeks i was tired again. then for ds first 2 months sleep was disturbed so i was tired luckily ds sleeps well so so do i now. i guess all babies and pregnancies are different. i feel for you i remember that early pregnancy tiredness and crying at my desk at work because i needed my bed - it was awful. take care

Old 07-27-2006, 11:57 PM   #6
(female)

sdjansen HB User

My son is 13 months old and I am still tired. No its not that bad. I was tired all through my pregnancy, from the morning sickness to the food cravings and sleeping on my side and getting up in the middle of the night to go pee. As soon as I got over one thing something else would happen and I wouldnt be able to sleep again. I'm not trying to scare you thats just how it was for me. I did get more sleep though once he was born beause I took my friends advice and took naps when he was sleeping during the day, it was hard sometimes because I would want to do the laundry or take a shower or paint my nails but I knew I had to take care of myself to take care of my baby and I knew the laundry could wait. Sorry to ramble I just want to get the word out. Oh and congratulations and I hope you get some rest soon because before you know it you will be chasing after a toddler!

Old 07-28-2006, 07:33 AM   #7
(female)

Just~A~ HB User

I'm tired, too. I'm 9 wks as well. I just can't get going in the morning. I have also been told that the 2nd trimester gets better, then there's the "nesting" phase where you clean house and stuff (LOL), and then tired again toward the end of the pregnancy. So, I'm looking forward to the 2nd trimester!

~A~

Old 07-28-2006, 08:12 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

sarawithnoH HB User

Everyone is so different as is every pregnancy. When I was pregnant with my boy, I feel asleep in restaurants, work, other peoples cars...you get the idea. That was through my WHOLE pregnancy...no 2nd trimester relief. Now I am 26 weeks with my girl and I haven't been nearly as tired at all this time. I blamed it on all that testosterone wearing me out

Old 07-28-2006, 07:01 PM   #9
(female)

mel-mel HB User

Thanks for your replies. I guess I know now that I will be tired from now until dooms day.

Old 07-29-2006, 04:08 AM   #10
(female)

Psylent HB User

i remember asking the exact same question, i was sure i was carrying twins or something! It lasted until mid-pregnancy, luckily i dont have to work and my 2 children are at school so i was free to sleep all day long after they left of a morning. Im now 33 weeks and im wating for the third-trimester tiredness to kick in!

Old 07-29-2006, 10:50 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

I'm in the 2nd trimester (22 weeks) and even though I have some energy in the morning and can usually use that time to clean the house and run errands, by mid-afternoon I'm wiped out and can easily take a 3 hour nap.

During the first trimester I would wake up in the morning, get dressed, do a few things around the house, and be back in bed for a nap by 9 am! Then another short nap in the late afternoon (around 4 or so).

And I hate taking naps -- I usually feel worse after them instead of better.

Maybe I won't journal this part of my pregnancy so that I don't remember it as clearly... might make me rethink the whole "having another baby" thing... <grin>

Closed Thread