It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2006, 09:24 AM   #1
(female)

mammajess HB User
doctor's appointment today. Please Help!

Ok well I go to the doctors today to drink that orange stuff they use to test for diabetes. I was supposed to do it last appointment but they were running behind and " didn't have time".

Anyways here's the question... Am I allowed to eat or drink before the appointment?

The doctor or nurses didn't tell me not to but my cousin said yesterday that I'm not allowed to. Sounds pretty crazy to me considering my appointment is not untill 3:30 pm. So if that's the truth then...

Am I not allowed to drink water untill after the appointment today?

Someone please help I'm confused and need an answer soon cause I wanna eat if I can and I need to find something else to keep me busy if I can't. Thank you all

~Jess~

Last edited by mammajess; 07-28-2006 at 09:26 AM.

Old 07-28-2006, 09:28 AM   #2
(female)

Faythey HB User
Re: doctor's appointment today. Please Help!

my doctor said it was fine to eat. In fact, I couldnt imagine how miserable I would have been if I hadnt eaten beforehand. If your doctor didnt mention it, you should be fine to eat. And drinking water is definatly not a problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 09:52 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sarawithnoH HB User

I just did mine a couple of days ago and I was allowed to eat and drink water. However, I was told to eat protein only. No breads, sugars, fruits, carrots...things like that. When I did this test 4 years ago, it was more common to be told not to eat.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:12 AM   #4
(female)

mammajess HB User

Hey ladies~
Thank you for the replies. I had an idea. Why not call the doctor to see. lol Not sure why I didn't think of that before. Well they say I can eat and drink. Thank goodness cause I'm hungry lol. Thank you again Luv Jess

Closed Thread