It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2006, 12:23 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User
How Early Can you Detect?!

I was wondering if anyone new what early symptoms or signs there are of pregnancy?? Is it possible for their to be symptoms even a day after the day of conception?? I need to put our minds at ease. We had a quickie at lunch yesterday and during the middle of it he stopped and pulled out fast because he thought he may have ejaculated...but he didn't orgasm. We had ejaculation all over his member and werent sure if it was from him, me or both. He says he has ejaculated without an orgasm before during masterbation. We are very nervous and worried and we really have no money. We also have no one to talk to. So if anyone out there could please help me with what early symptoms there are if any and how do you know??

Last edited by DanielleX51; 07-28-2006 at 12:26 PM.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:02 PM   #2
(female)

crisvow8 HB User
Re: How Early Can you Detect?!

I would just relax as there is no way for sure you can know until at least 5 days before your missed period when you can start taking pregnancy tests. If you start hearing or reading about pregnancy symptoms you may start to "think" you are feeling them even though it may be related to something else.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 01:05 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User

I know that if I think I am then I can actually cause my body to have symptoms. I don't believe I am, my boyfriend does. I was just curious as to how women actually know when they are before they even take the test. I have a week and 3 days until I have my periods....so its quite the wait lol.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ravaemarie HB User

Well, to put your mind at ease, you would not be pregnant the day after you had intercourse. You may have an egg and sperm meeting and fertilizing, which would not cause symptoms. It takes around 7 days for implantation to occur - at which point you would be pregnant and could start feeling symptoms - from then it may take a couple of days to detect the pregnancy on an HPT.

Best of luck to you.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:39 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User

I just read that once you conceive that the HCG (pregnancy hormone) can be already detected if you are pregnant and then it doubles every 36 hours.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

GoldenMom HB User

The HCG does not begin doubling until after implantation (around 10 days past ovulation). Otherwise women could know that they were pregnant within a couple of days of intercourse.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:52 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User

I read that the 1st Response can detect low levels of the hormone even as early as 5 days before your missed period. If everything is on schedule then my period is due next sunday. Do you think it would be ok to test now and then again later??

Old 07-28-2006, 03:09 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

GoldenMom HB User

It's only 69% accurate at 4 days before your period. If you want to test early, go for it, but if it is negative, be prepared to test again if you don't get your period. BTW: I highly recommend buying the 2 pack. It's cheaper than buying them individually and adds to your peace of mind whether is + or -.

Old 07-28-2006, 05:10 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User

My boyfriend and I just went and bot the 1st Respone and it came with 3 tests. SO I believe I will be set with that atleast lol. I am going to try the first one tomorrow and then the next one next week. Thank you all for being a great help to me. I am just scared and nervous and completely unprepared.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:41 PM   #10
(female)

bondgrll HB User

Howdy, just so you know, I bought the First Response triple pack (a few weeks ago) and took one on Monday and it was negative, one on Thursday and it was negative and one on Friday and it was positive. So then I went back out and bought another test to be sure the next day and it was positive....keep testing girl!

Old 07-29-2006, 11:18 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User

This one was negative. I will be taking another one next week like on friday or saturday. Thank you, everyone, you all have been a great help and support for me.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:13 AM   #12
(female)

oohjo56 HB User

All women are different and how their body produces the HCG. Some women won't get a positive until after their period is missed, sometimes a week or two after. Then some will get way before. I tested 9 days after ovulation with a generic pregnancy test and got a positive. So it all depends. Keep testing and best of luck!

Old 07-30-2006, 08:52 PM   #13
(female)

greyash HB User

I would wait until you miss your period. I was POSITIVE I was pregnant because I was emotional and nauseas and tired and my breasts hurt. The tests kept coming back negative, but I was sure, so I went off the pill cause I didn't want it to hurt the baby. Turns out I was ovulating and got pregnant because I went off the pill. Just wait to find out for sure.

Closed Thread