It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2006, 03:30 PM   #1
(female)

tangerinedream8 HB User
I don't know if I did something stupidd! PLEASE HELP

So I'm living in a basement apartment with my boyfriend. The man who lives upstairs comes down to do the laundry. Today while I was cleaning I noticed a dimebag on the floor. I picked it up and there was a whiteish powdery covering on the inside of the bag. I stupidly smelt it to see if it was just pot.. but there was no smell. If there was no smell was it most likely something else? and should I be concerned that I smelt it? I dont want drugs like that around the baby and if that is cocaine or whatever we're moving out. I'm worried I could of inhaled something bad.
LIke I said... it didnt smell like pot and I saw NO leftover pieces of pot which I know is normally in a bag.. I'm so worried I did something stupid.
My boyfriend mentioned the other day that the guy was acting all eratic.. and hes been into drugs before.

UGHH! Drugs in our apartment is not a good thing!

Old 07-29-2006, 05:53 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

newmom2be HB User
Re: I don't know if I did something stupidd! PLEASE HELP

if its white im 99 % sure ti coc well i wouldnt harm u baaby if u only smelt it i woudltn worry but if it was then i would move out cuz if this guy should get busted by the cops everyone in the house will be in trouble trust me it has happened to me before well best of wishes to you and your lil family

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2006, 07:59 PM   #3
(female)

greyash HB User

First of all, you know pot isn't white, so I'm thinking you really wanted to see what your boyfriend had, which is a good thing, but if you don't know what other drugs smell like, I wouldn't go around sniffing other stuff cause you won't learn anything anyway. you probably didn't hurt the baby, but speaking from experience you don't want to be tied up with someone who is doing drugs. No matter how many times they say they will stop, you can never be sure they did. I would get out of there and get on with your own life. Your baby does not deserve to be in that environment.

Old 07-29-2006, 10:30 PM   #4
(female)

gio82 HB User

If you knew what pot looked like, you would have known it wasn't pot just by the white layering covering the bag. Also, if you knew it was likely an illegal drug of some kind, why would you place yourself or your baby in that type of situation and smell it? I'm not here to come down on you, I'm merely wondering. I'm not sure of the type of effects it, whatever it is, can have on a baby, but if you suspect it's an illegal drug, and a white substance kind, I would definitely go down to a police station and report it. Only if you for sure know the man you saw downstiars dropped it and that he hadn't stepped near it with it already having laid on the floor from someone previously down there. But have you had any effects immediately following sniffing it? If you felt dizzy, had the need to vomit or anything else you might suspect as an effect of the drug and not by your pregnancy hormones, then I'd definitely call an ER or a doctor. Hope everything does turn out well.

Liz

Old 07-30-2006, 06:43 AM   #5
(female)

tangerinedream8 HB User

Well it was just my first reaction to smell it. I used to smoke pot when I was younger and I remember that sometimes the crystals could leave a little white behing in the bag. But nothing like what was in this bag.. and the fact that it didnt smell like anything means it wasn't pot. Pot would have left oils in the bag and it would have been easily detected. I had a massive panic attack after smelling the bag and felt horrible.. but I didn't get high from it. There wasnt anything in the bag. And I blew my nose and washed my hands several times after that. I know it was coke because the guy used to do crack years ago. I guess hes decided he's going to get back into it.
My boyfriend confronted him about it and the man started to mumble and immidiately started to defend himself claiming it wasnt his and he hadnt been in the basement to do laundry for two weeks. He was just down in the basement doing laundry the day before yesterday.. so its clear from his lying. If someone were to walk in and find that on OUR floor our child would be taking away. And I don't want to stay here because soon he's going to start owing dealers a ton of money and they're going to be coming around our place. He quit his job last week and is just going downhill. Better to get out now before it's too late.

Old 07-30-2006, 11:14 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

misip HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerinedream8
Today while I was cleaning I noticed a dime bag on the floor.
So it did or didn't have pot in it? Obviously it did, or you wouldn't have labled it a "dimebag".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerinedream8
LIke I said... it didnt smell like pot and I saw NO leftover pieces of pot which I know is normally in a bag.. I'm so worried I did something stupid.
If it had no pot, then how was it a dime bag?

Bottom line, don't sniff potential hazzards while pregnant.

Old 07-30-2006, 11:49 AM   #7
(female)

tangerinedream8 HB User

Well I didnt know how else to describe the bag. Typically they're called dimebags so thats what I called it. But no there was no pot in it.

Old 07-30-2006, 08:50 PM   #8
(female)

greyash HB User

Yes, honey, get out. I could say a lot of things that would only make you feel bad, so I'm just going to say - get out. Or talk to the landlord and get him kicked out. Also, make sure it's not your boyfriend that is really caught up in all of this.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:14 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

star_shine_2010 HB User
Red face Re: I don't know if I did something stupidd! PLEASE HELP

Well I used to smoke pot back in highschool and my first year of college, ALOT of pot, I also have done coke. And I have NEVER seen a bag of weed leave a white residue in a bag, even if it is dro and has crystals, the crystals are not white, they're clear and do NOT leave a white residue in the bag... and a dimebag is a sack of a dime (7 grams) of pot, there isn't a dime bag necessarily. It's put in just ziploc bags unless you get dro or chronic where it is just measured in grams, not big quantities, then it is put in a smaller little ziploc bag. So you must have known this was coke. The only weed I know of that would leave a white residue behind is if it was laced with PCP. So, I know you probably don't want to hear this, but you should've known better not to smell it. That was just not a smart move on your part. You basically smelt cocaine. You don't snort pot, you snort cocaine. So by you smelling it, who knows if a little trace got into your nose. To be safer than sorry, talk to your doctor about it, and I suggest you stop smelling things you don't know what they are.

Old 07-31-2006, 12:02 PM   #10
(female)

Just~A~ HB User

If you didn't feel like you got a buzz or high off of the powder you sniffed, I wouldn't worry about it -- no matter what the substance might have been.

~A~

Old 07-31-2006, 01:25 PM   #11
(female)

mrsb816 HB User

i just wanted to say I feel bad for you with the way everyone is coming down on you so hard. Clearly, smelling the bad was stupid and you obviously realize that b/c of what you titled your post. I'm sure that the last thing that you wanted to do was potentially harm your baby and you instinctively smelled something you were curious about. I probably would have done the same thing. I really don't know anything about drugs but I doubt that just sniffing a bag not putting your nose right up against it is going to put anything in your system and certainly probably not enough to seriously harm your baby. Your probably doing just as much damage worrying so much. If you didn't feel any affects than you I doubt anything entered your system. However, I think moving is a great idea. I'm sure that's not the environment you want to raise a baby in and just think down the road when s/he is crawling and there are things like that on the ground to find. Best of luck and don't beat yourself up. People do things without thinking and we all make mistakes, just be more careful in the future.

Closed Thread