It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2006, 12:11 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
Tail bone pain or rectum pain? Anyone?

I'll be 21 weeks on tuesday and have had some shooting pains in my rectum area or tailbone (can't tell) for about a week and a half....anyone else in my boat? what would cause this?

Old 07-30-2006, 05:13 PM   #2
(female)

jukaam HB User
Re: Tail bone pain or rectum pain? Anyone?

Oh yes! Since around week 20, I have severe pain in my tailbone after I've been sitting for 10 minutes or longer. But if I get up slowly and walk around the pain goes away. I think it's cause I am carrying so low and I'm short, so all the weight goes to that area when I sit. Other than that, there is of course the lovely hemroids that I have graciously received as well! My doctor recommended one of the donuts to sit on to relieve the pressure on my tailbone. Hope you are feeling better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2006, 05:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

When I was pregnant, I had HORRIBLE tailbone pain. I was told it would go away, but my son is almost 5 months and I still have it

Old 07-30-2006, 08:45 PM   #4
(female)

greyash HB User

I have it all the time - the baby is sitting on my sciatic nerve, my doc says. If I walk around sometimes he moves, sometimes he doesn't, also the hemmorhoids don't help. Doc also said stretching ligaments can cause this. I would still mention it at the next appt. I mention everything and you'd think I would drive them crazy, but it's my first and we had a rough start, so they are very patient.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:05 AM   #5
(female)

Jules_za HB User

Okay I thought this was unrelated to my pregnancy but I have been having the same problem for about a week now, the only difference is that I am only 14 weeks. I now sit on a pillow at work with mu tail bone hanging off the end, not a cure, but does seem to help.

Old 07-31-2006, 04:47 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

My tailbone killed me from about weeks 9-14. I got a donut pillow for work and also a new car (I needed a new car anyhow - didn't get it just b/c I was pregnant). Well, it amazes me how much the new car helped my tailbone and back. I have a long commute to work and I was in so much pain when I would come home at night.

Anyhow, I think the tailbone was a combination of my old car, my desk chair, and being pregnant. I am better now and have not had problems.

As for the question from the OP - I am not sure if this is what she is talking about. It might be a different situation.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:31 AM   #7

jessica.ayers HB User

I have terrible tail bone pain too. I sit at work all day and it just kills me! I can't even comfortably sit through a movie. I might have to get a donut pillow too!

Old 08-02-2006, 12:24 PM   #8
(female)

heathy_mama HB User

i occasionally have this, i think when i have been sitting for long periods its worse..
one night I had this bad pain in like the cervix area or something, it felt like a sharp stab in my stomach between my legs or something.. anyone felt that before?? ive seen posts on here about women getting asharp pain in their upper thigh/groin... maybe that was somewhat what I felt??

Closed Thread