It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
(female)

lekstroh HB User
Measuring even bigger

I know I am probably driving you all crazy with these posts, but now I am 11 weeks and my uterus is a little more than half way from my pubic bone to my belly button. (I've confirmed the height with my doctor) From what I've heard you should measure that at 16 weeks. Has this happened to anyone.

Old 07-30-2006, 06:54 PM   #2
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User
Re: Measuring even bigger

I am 13 wks, and I am actually not in the same boat, but exactly opposite. I went in and Dr. said I was 16 wks, and only measured a 12 wk old uterus. That totally scared the crap out of me. Then after worrying me, she said that she must have misinterpreted my edd. GGRRRRR. But as long as you were at Dr. and they weren't concerned, I wouldn't worry hun. Be glad you are measuring bigger, and not smaller Good luck with everything hun!

~Jackie~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2006, 08:33 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ament HB User

Doc guessed by where my uterus was that I was 12-13 weeks when I was only nine. Might've been because I had a full bladder though.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:32 AM   #4
(female)

Lozzy_04 HB User

My uterus has measured large throughout the pregnancy, Im now 21 weeks. I think from memory when I had my 12 or 13 week check up my uterus was already up to my belly button. The baby is the right size though. Now at 21 weeks its a couple of inches above my belly button. The dr expressed slight surprise when measuring but didnt seem worried and didnt say anything other than the actual baby is the right size and there are good pockets of fluid.

I know Im the right gestation because it was a planned pregnancy and I know the day I concieved. Also I experienced this with my first child and by the end of the pregnancy I was huge lol, but he was a good size baby at 9lbs 4oz.

I wouldnt worry unless the dr has said it might be something wrong. I would talk to the dr and maybe do a google search or something for reasons you might measure large for gestation.

Old 08-01-2006, 02:35 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

I always measured anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks ahead when I was pregnant with my kids. I think a lot depends on how full your bladder is, the position of the baby, etc.

Old 08-01-2006, 06:05 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

Didn't the doctor say he thought it was a twin pregnancy? It makes sense you'd be measuring further and further ahead in that case, because the further along you get the bigger the baby is in relation to everything else and the larger an effect two babies would have.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:28 AM   #7
(female)

mammajess HB User

I measure a week ahead everytime the Dr. measures me. Now I know a weeks not much but the Dr. said that it's because the baby is a little bit big. And my sonogram at like 19 weeks 5 days said she was around 21 weeks. I know my dates are correct so I'm not worried. Make sure to tell your Dr. what you're thinking and if he/she isn't concerned then don't worry about it.It's just 1 more thing to the confusing process of Pregnacy lol love Jess

Old 08-01-2006, 11:44 AM   #8
(female)

lekstroh HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxr35
Didn't the doctor say he thought it was a twin pregnancy? It makes sense you'd be measuring further and further ahead in that case, because the further along you get the bigger the baby is in relation to everything else and the larger an effect two babies would have.

Yes the Doctor thinks maybe twins, but I wont have an ultrasound for another 3 weeks. The waiting is killing me! From what I have read, large for date uterus means "somthing" I am just trying to see if anyone knows if having a large uterus maybe mean nothing. I have become obsessed with this. Thanks ladies for all the replys.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:59 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

Sure, having a large uterus CAN mean nothing...or benign, painfree fibroids...but no one knows. I would really see about getting the u/s moved up, because if something is really wrong with the baby, your options are more limited the later you go. And if it's twins, why not be excited early? 14 weeks is still too early for the anatomical, so it's not like you're saving much by waiting.

Old 08-01-2006, 01:09 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

marriot HB User

Why not push for a scan sooner? They should be able to tell if there are two sacs and little heart beats from about the seven week mark. I have my first ultrasound on Thursday (7 weeks) and I anticipate they'll be able to tell me whether it's a singleton or a pair.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:01 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

My doctor has never measured my uterus per se (that I've noticed...) -- I've not had any sort of exam by him since the very first visit. We usually just talk. The nurse takes the vitals.

Now, I do see a perinatalogist, too, which is where I went for my level II u/s. I'm sure they did some sort of measuring there, but didn't indicate if there was anything off in my dates or sizing.

I do have a 10cm fibroid (grapefruit sized) at the top of my uterus, though, so I'm sure that I'm measuring big just because of that. It's fairly pain-free, though I feel a little more bloated all the time, and I'm worried about eventually having a "third boob" as my uterus expands... LOL. I'll find out on 8/3 if it's grown any more in the past 6 weeks since I have to have a follow up level II u/s. I hope it hasn't!

Closed Thread