It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2006, 01:27 AM   #1
(female)

GuestofMyself HB User
Missed period, and very scared!

My periods are normally irregular and kinda weird. I don't eat right, I hardly ever exercise and I am about 30lbs overweight. I have been emotionally stressed out because of numerous tornado warnings in our area (I have a phobia). I also just lost my job because of cut-backs, and I am almost 2 weeks late on my period it seems. I NORMALLY have my period around the middle of the month, around the 13-17th. But it's already the 31st and no period. I am sexually active with my boyfriend of almost 2 years, and no pill, no protection except pulling out (Yes, I know it is stupid, no need to drive into that subject).

But I have been having cramping for the past week. Pretty bad actually, the cramps today have actually been making me sit down when I have been standing up. I haven't taken any meds either. I have a good apetite, no nausea, nothing bad with my stomach at all. No overeating/undereating either, no breast tenderness, no spotting. I have normal discharge with no irregular smell or anything. I have been freaking out for the past two days about being pregnant, and I just told my boyfriend today about me missing my period, because my period is irregular so I thought I was fine. But it has been a bit too long. I have only once not had my period like this, about a year and a half ago because of stress, the day I calmed down, I got it that night.

I am very confused, and very scared. I am not ready to have a child if I am pregnant, but I am looking for help from people who have been pregnant or know more about it than I do.

Thanks to anyone who can help. Or anyone who reads and replies, it is greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2006, 02:38 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Jonanner HB User
Re: Missed period, and very scared!

The only way to know if you're pregnant is to take a test. No one here can give you any other advice. If your period is 2 weeks late, it is early enough to test. You should always test in the morning with your first urine of the day, as this will provide the most accurate results. Good luck and I hope you get the answer you are looking for.

Old 07-31-2006, 05:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

Please take a test. Go out and buy a couple. I would spend the money and get one of the name brand test. I actually don't think they are any better than a store barnd one but at least you will believe that you got the best.

Take this one day, if not one hour at a time. Having a baby is a big deal, but it is do-able. You have lots of options and can decide when and if you find out you are pregnant. That can wait. Just find out now whether you are or not.

Good luck,

Jen

Old 07-31-2006, 01:21 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

lovemybabyboys HB User

If i could take back all the money i have spent on tests.
You should definitely take a test. It is the only way to really know. And the sooner you know the better for your baby.
any time i think that i could possibly be pg, i worry about everything and how it would change everything (i have 2 small children ) (i'm on bc but still have this worry, because my first baby was conceived will i was on the pill) and i call myself a weather weenie, i am afraid of bad weather too and stress about it. But worrying can keep you from having a period. i have been up to 1 and 1/2 weeks late several times, and within several hours of getting a negative test result, i would start. so it could be nerves, but there is only one way to know.
But like the last person said, there is no since in worrying about things that you don't even know if you should be worrying about them.
and it sounds like you know you should be on some form of birth control.
good luck.

Closed Thread