It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2006, 07:18 AM   #1
(male)

jrodlc08 HB User
A sign of early pregnancy??

Hello All... Quick question for any of you out there. My girlfriend missed her period about a week ago which obviously indicates that she could be pregnant. Last night she also complained of constipation. There are a few other signs, i.e. tender breast...etc.. but those things could also be pre-menstrual signs as well or so I'm told.....My main question is this....she has been experiencing sporadic twitches or, I'm not sure how to describe it....almost like when you take your pulse on your wrist....on the left side of her abdomen but you have to push cause the feeling is fairly deep....under the muscle it feels like. I asked if that was a normal feeling around "that time of month" for her and she said no.....could those sensations be a sign of pregnancy? Have any of you felt them....especially as early as it would be for her in a pregnancy? I know a test would clear all this up but I'd like a little heads up so it isn’t such a shock...thank you!!! - Ted

Last edited by jrodlc08; 07-31-2006 at 12:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2006, 01:17 PM   #2
(male)

jrodlc08 HB User
Re: A sign of early pregnancy??

no one has experienced this??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2006, 01:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GoldenMom HB User

If she is a week late she could be pregnant. A home pregnancy test will more than likely show an accurate result since she has missed her period.

Last edited by GoldenMom; 07-31-2006 at 01:33 PM.

Old 07-31-2006, 01:57 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

lovemybabyboys HB User

You are right, a home test would tell you so you could stop wondering.

But the thing you are probably feeling in her abdomen is symptoms related to the constipation, because your intestines are down in that area.
or it could be that you are just feeling her pulse, which can be felt in various places in the body as blood is being pumped. but i don't think that it has anything to do with weather she is pregnant or not. Not this soon. Because when you first get pregnant, the baby is smaller than a period (.) on this page. and you can't usually feel the uterus until several weeks or sometimes months. but the other things you mentioned are definately signs.
hope this helps.
good luck.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
(male)

jrodlc08 HB User

thanks ladies... i found this article....tell me what you think.......

Palpable uterine artery pulsation as a clinical indicator of early pregnancy.

Meeks GR, Cesare CD, Bates GW.

Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson 39216-4505, USA.

The objective of this study was to determine if palpable uterine artery pulsation is a reliable clinical indicator of pregnancy at less than six weeks' gestation. A preliminary, nonblind study involved 299 women. Of 31 women who were at less than six weeks' gestation, 24 had definite uterine artery pulsations, and 7 did not. Of 268 nonpregnant women, 256 did not have pulsation, while 12 did (P < .001). Because other clinical parameters could bias the interpretation of uterine artery pulsation, a second, blind study was undertaken. During it, 155 patients underwent bimanual examination only, and no other clinical information was available to the examiner. Of 25 women at less than six weeks' gestation, 19 had definite uterine artery pulsation, while 6 did not. Of 130 nonpregnant patients, 121 did not have uterine artery pulsation, while 9 did (P < .001). Palpable uterine artery pulsation seems to be associated with early pregnancy, and physicians should add evaluation of pulsation to their clinical armamentarium.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:26 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

lovemybabyboys HB User

sounds interesting.

but still only one way to know for sure.

good luck.

Closed Thread