It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 12:45 PM   #1
(female)

ChasMeg HB User
Yearly Exam

In a couple of days I will have my yearly exam with my Obgyn and I was interested in whether they administered a pregnancy test during the appointment. It would be my first pregnancy, and I have never asked the doctor before. If they don't, I want to go in prepared to let them know.
Thanks,
M

Old 08-02-2006, 12:49 PM   #2
(female)

mammajess HB User
Re: Yearly Exam

At my yearly exams they do do a urine test for pregnancy, but not sure if they do it everywhere. Have you taken home pregnancy tests? Even if you haven't be sure to tell them you want a pregnancy test done. Jess

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lovemybabyboys HB User

they don't at my doctors office.
but i don't know how doctors tell, but when i went to my 1st dr. appt to confirm my first pregnancy, while she was doing my pap, she said, well, it sure feels like your pregnant. I guess something to do with your cervix. and then they did a vaginal ultrasound to confirm. as far as i know they didn't do a urine test at all. i guess they would, urine or blood, if you are not at least 5 to 6 wks. because they baby will not show up on an ultrasound until then. but i would definately ask, don't just assume they will do one.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:35 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bridget021182 HB User

I dont know about the yearly exam. Last year when I was pregnant I called my doc and got right in to do a quick exam and pregnancy test to confirm it. He said during my exam that my uterus looked larger and something about my cervix as well. I did have a urine test come back positive and then my blood test did too. I had already taken like 4 tests at home before I went in to check for myself.

Old 08-06-2006, 07:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

When I first starting going to a gyn for annual visits they always did a pregnancy test. That was 17 years ago. In the past 8 years that practice has faded. I no longer automatically get a PG test annually...

After I got a positive on a blood test I did at a walk-in clinic I called the OB's office and was told to wait until I was 8 weeks to come in. At the first visit they did another pregnancy test as well as checking my protein and looked for blood in the urine. A transvaginal u/s was done to confirm the pregnancy and to give me an EDD.

Closed Thread