It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 04:46 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User
Strong sexual desire after cesarean!

Hey everyone! I wrote a while ago about this, but my son is 2 weeks old tomorrow and im soo worn it. its a tough job being a mom! Its worth it, but it sure is frustrating! Anyway, for some reason, i have a really strong sexual desire now..i Really just want to have sex...that sounds bad, but i really do! Ive looked on different web sites, and some say wait 2-4 to have sex and some say 4-6 weeks...i feel great now, besides being tired, but my incision doesnt hurt, im running around all day and im not in pain or anything so i was wondering when it would be okay? I am still bleeding however..ive heard you bleed less after a c-section compared to a vaginal, bc for a c-section, they can get a lot of the blood out while they are in there...but should i still expect to bleed 6 weeks? Should i wait til the bleeding stops to have sex? I dont really want to make a mess all over the bed..lol...thanks for any advice!

Old 08-02-2006, 05:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User
Re: Strong sexual desire after cesarean!

ok I know this is probably TMI but I was the same exact way.. I think it was 3 weeks after my cesarean, DH were back to the old .. well, you know.. I bled for 7 weeks, but the last 4 weeks were light.. Just a small warning, even though you didn't have a vaginal delivery, you may still want to use KY, But don't use the warming kind. I made that mistake and it felt like it was burning!!! Regular KY works awesome

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2006, 05:51 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User

Thanks for the advice! So you were still bleeding when you started up again? is it like a period if you have sex while bleeding, its just gonna make a big ol' mess everywhere?

Old 08-02-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

We just put a towel down. At that point it wasn't BAD bleeding, so it stayed in that area.. LOL

DH didn't want to wait...

Last edited by soon2bmommy; 08-02-2006 at 07:08 PM.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:53 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

misip HB User

Another reason that doctors warn to hold off on sex is because it can take up to a few weeks for your cervix to close back down, increasing your risk of infections... just something to consider.

But I have read in my books that pretty much when you feel like you can go at it again, you can... have fun and good luck!

Old 08-03-2006, 10:45 AM   #6
(female)

mammajess HB User

I don't have anything to help with this but wanted to say thanks for posting this question. I'm having a C-section on October 11 and the more info I can find out the better. Thanks for posting this. It helps more than just you hehehe love Jess

Old 08-03-2006, 08:22 PM   #7
(female)

jakelewis HB User

All I know is with my c-section I waited the 4-6 weeks didn't want to take any chances plus I felt horrible it took me a while to recover from it.Maybe ask your doctor's but I guess they say 4-6 for a reason I would watch for infection also and keep in mind even though you feel good that incision is still not healed plus you have one on the inside to that needs to heal.

Old 08-04-2006, 04:44 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User

Thanks for the advice! My section was 2 wks. ago yesterday..i have birth control pills i am going to start on Sunday...my doc. said try and wait a few more weeks because of the risk of infection but i looked up different boards about it on the internet and read what ppl said, and i was suprised most of them had sex again by 3 weeks pp...is the risk of infection really high? i really dont want to wait 4 more weeks lol

Closed Thread