It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2006, 06:35 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

hotmamma13 HB User
Question PG again? Need some opinions please...

Hello everyone
I have been a member of this board now for quite sometime, but have not posted in awhile. I gave birth four months ago to a beautiful baby girl (my 2nd baby). Since about 3months ago, I have been on BCPs and take them pretty much the same time everyday and have not missed even 1 pill. I have never gotten pg on the pill in the past, and I understand that sometimes the pill can trick your body into thinking it is pg, therefore giving you symptoms. I am not paranoid, b/c I really didn't think it was possible concidering how careful I am. BUT... I have been excessivly tired, bloated, hungry (which is strange for me). I have been loosing weight since I gave birth, but now have plateued (sp), and urinated constantly. Also, with both of my past pregnancies I have had problems with my gums swelling around my wisdom teeth, and go figure, about a wk ago, that started happening too. Could all of this be coinsedince? I have been having my "period" ever since I gave birth, but I put "period" in quotes b/c it has only lasted about 4 or 5 days (usually 7), and is extremely light. Not even enough to fill a tampon in 3 or 4 hours which I find unnormal. Because I have been getting the red blood every month, I have not thought it possible to be pg. Has this sort of thing happened to anyone on here, and what happened if it has?

Any advice will help, thank you so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2006, 08:07 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sarawithnoH HB User
Re: PG again? Need some opinions please...

Before I had my son, I had no strange side effects from b/c pills. Once I started on them after he was born, I felt pregnant a lot of the time. Exhaustion, urination, nausea, dizziness, hot flashes. It was especially bad the week before my period. I kept switching pill brands and found one that didn't give me all those side effects. I just figured that my body and hormonal balance had changed since giving birth and I didn't tolerate the pill the same way as before that.

Old 08-05-2006, 07:32 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hotmamma13 HB User

Thank you very much for the response. I am sure the BC is what it is. I am supposed to start af by Monday. If anyone else has any opinions I would be very greatful. I am not too worried about this. I was just curious if it has happened to anyone else? Thanks!

Old 08-05-2006, 10:38 AM   #4
(female)

Donte HB User

I would take an hpt just to ease your mind. If you're due to start AF by Monday, the test should be pretty accurate (but, get First Response).

Closed Thread