It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 08:50 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
When do the big kicks start happening?

I'm 21 weeks, almost 22 on Tuesday and get paranoid if i don't feel alot of kicks going on in a day....some days are more than others....when will i hit the mark that i will feel kicks alot and will be more than just the flutters-i want to really feel them (i say this now i know ) At night i can really see my stomach jump but not all the time and not every night.....should i be seeing a pattern?

Old 08-04-2006, 09:19 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lovemybabyboys HB User
Re: When do the big kicks start happening?

not necessarily, baby do what they want, when they want. with my first baby somedays i would feel him alot and then others i would realize at the end of the day that i wasn't sure if i had felt him that day. so it may be that sometimes you just don't notice. but at 22 weeks they are not all that cramped and have room to move around, and it is only the big movements that you are feeling. you probably will notice a pattern later on in the pregnancy when the baby gets bigger, like the baby is real active after you eat, etc. and by the end you will know where every little body part is. i knew where my son's elbow, butt, heel, everything was, and it would hurt when he would move. but if you don't feel the baby at all in a day, then i would probably have it checked out. you can try ice or a flash light to try to get the baby to move. or i used to just shake my belly or lightly push it, just to reassure myself that he was ok. and after he would move as if to say "would you leave me alone.
hope this helps, enjoy the kicks, even though the ones at the end hurt, that is my favorite part of pregnancy. it is so sweet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 10:05 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

thank you......that's reassuring.

it's amazing a flash light can stir them up!

Old 08-06-2006, 06:46 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

I'm 23 weeks and just felt my first kick externally today. Before that it was all internally only. But today I was able to put my hand on my belly and feel a kick. But my little one has been kicking my bladder all week, and I'm ready for her to turn her little butt UP for a change! We saw how she was lying on an u/s last week and now I know what parts are kicking me in which part of my belly.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:21 PM   #5
(female)

Lozzy_04 HB User

Im 22 weeks and Ive been feeling the big kicks for a while now. I can feel it from the outside fror about 2 weeks maybe. It doesnt have a particular pattern, but I have noticed there are some things that set it off. The sound of my dhs voice for example. If Ive just been lying down, and he comes in and says something the baby immediately starts kicking hard lol - which i think is nice, its seems they already have a bond. Also reacts to vibrations, like the car idling or a music beat.

Closed Thread