It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 08:55 AM   #1
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User
Achey belly

With all of the different pulls and cramps in my belly, I dunno what's normal. The last two days, I have been experiencing like an "achey belly". It's almost like a dull ache, and lasts for most of the day. Between that and sharp fast pulls on both sides of my lower abs, it worries me. I am currently 14 wks, and I dunno if they are growing pains, or gas pains or what! Let me know if you have any advice on what could be going on!

~Jackie G.~

Old 08-04-2006, 10:38 AM   #2
(female)

justpeach HB User
Re: Achey belly

I'm 12w3d & i've been experiancing this also. I called my dr yesterday about it b/c it was starting to concern me & he said everything is fine & said not to be concerned unless I start spotting/bleeding....MUCH easier said than done!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 10:38 AM   #3
(female)

justpeach HB User

I'm 12w3d & i've been experiancing this also. I called my dr yesterday about it b/c it was starting to concern me & he said everything is fine & said not to be concerned unless I start spotting/bleeding....MUCH easier said than done!

Old 08-04-2006, 10:39 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

JellyB_3 HB User

I'm so glad you posted this. I'm 14w4d and I had the exact same thing 2 days ago! In the morning I felt fine. My mommy friends all say they had the same thing, but I"m still worried.
Hope someone has the answer for us..

P.S. Have you felt the baby yet?

Old 08-04-2006, 01:41 PM   #5
(female)

Savason1 HB User

Hi guys well I am on baby #2 and experienced the same thing with both. My midwife showed me a big postar of the placenta and what it looks like and well I wish you could all see it because you would have a better understanding of what is going on with your body. Not only are your ab muscles stretching (achy belly feeling) but the tightness on your sides and back are huge muscle tissue holding the placenta in place and they are yanked and pulled on as baby grows. These muscles are attached right to your tail bone and somewhere up front I can not remember. I had real bad back ache at around 14wks and this is what was going on. It will go away eventually I think mine did at about 18wks or so but my back still hurts once in a blue moon but not near as bad as before. So try not to worry girls but if you are really concerned call your ob for reassurance.

As far as baby movements I noticed around 18-19wks with the first and this one was earlier 16wks maybe. Just because I new what to expect already. No at 28 1/2wks it feels like a foot ball player in there and he likes to nestle his bum in my ribs.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #6
(female)

Savason1 HB User

Sorry ladies it isn't your placenta is your uterus or the baby sack that is attached and growing and causing all the aches. Again I am sorry.......I hope someone filled you all in on the loss of brain function that happens after 20wks or so. It doesn't return to you until I dun no the kids are 18 (hehe)

Old 08-04-2006, 03:42 PM   #7
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User

JellyB,
I have not felt the baby yet. I wake up every morning hoping that I will feel a flutter I don't think anything yet. Sometimes when I know I have to go to the bathroom, I will feel little flutters, but I am convinced it is just gas. What is really cool though, is if you stand straight up, and lean to the side. Your belly get's this odd shape that I just can't even explain. Way cool tho! Try it!

~Jackie~

Old 08-07-2006, 06:18 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

JellyB_3 HB User

Jackie, I love looking at the odd shapes, too!
Also, if I lay flat on my back (I know, I'm not suppose to!) I'll feel the baby move ALL the way to one side or the other!! So Far, that 1/2 my belly looks flat as a board and the other half is HUGE! LOL!!

Closed Thread