It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 01:20 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

sarawithnoH HB User
Freakish amounts of sweat

Has anybody all of a sudden started sweating ALL the time...even when you aren't hot? I have been like this since day 1 of the pregnancy. This never happened with DS. Maybe it's because I'm having a girl? I don't know. I sure hope it stops after birth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 01:49 PM   #2
(female)

Safc-Chick HB User
Re: Freakish amounts of sweat

I have had alot of problems with sweating but I am due in the next 2 weeks with a boy, so put it down to been pregnant during the summer months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

I'm 25 weeks with a boy and yes, freakish is the only word to describe it. I was never sensitive to temperature at all -- I generally didn't notice if I was hot or cold until someone asked me . And happy I was.

But this summer! If that's how normal people always feel, Gd save me from ever being normal!

Old 08-04-2006, 02:51 PM   #4
(female)

muffintop HB User

It could be hormonal, as you near the end of your pregnancy. For six weeks after DS birth I had horrible night sweats (and day too). My Doctor blamed it on breast feeding which reduced the production of estrogen (but it didn't stop us from breast feeding 5 months! ) After what seemed like forever, it stopped. I hope with future pregnancys it doen't return. I hope yours is just due to the heat wave across the country. Keep cool

Old 08-04-2006, 05:01 PM   #5
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User

I never, ever, ever, sweat before I was pg. I even danced my whole life, and never sweat. I just never seemed to be phased by the heat. I didn't have to even wear deodorant until I was 18, and the only reason I did then, and do now, at 22, is b/c it's hygenic, not b/c I sweat. Until I got pg! We went to the OB for an apt. yesterday, and I had to go into the bathroom b4 I went in to see her, and wipe down from sweating. I def believe it's hormones with the pg! The heat wave tho, definately isn't helping matter any! Our air broke at home, and in DH's car, and we have been miserable! Hang in there, we'll be complaining we're too cold in a few months!

~Jackie~

Closed Thread