It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 12:30 PM   #1
(female)

muna786 HB User
Too many sweets?

I am 27 years old and about 5 months preggo, for the past few weeks or maybe more (not sure) i have been eating a lot of sweet things like candy fruit juice (which i try to dilute with water if i can) and lately Lucky charms ceral seems to be my best dinner in the world!!

Anyways does eating too much sweets mean i might be at a high risk of Gestainial Diabetes? (sp)

Also i had my big u/s and we found out we are having a boy!!! and they told me according to the measurements i am 10 ahead of schedule hummmmm.....

Just wondering

Thanks

Old 08-04-2006, 12:47 PM   #2
(female)

Safc-Chick HB User
Re: Too many sweets?

that was my craving around that time too, I did get past it but it was hard I only have 2 wks left 2 go now. my Gestainial Diabetes test was fine I did read cravings for sweet food mean your having a girl but I'm supposed to be having a boy aswell so I guess thats wrong lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #3
(female)

Lola26 HB User

I'm also @ 5 months and craving sweets. And I'm having a boy too! If I crave something, I eat it, but I always add a little protein. If I want a bowl of Honeycomb cereal or a pudding cup, I let myself have it, but I'll balance it with some string cheese or a piece of chicken. I've noticed that adding a little protein really helps to avoid the blood sugar swing that often comes after eating sugar, and it also dampens the craving. That string cheese has often stopped me from picking up another Hershey's kiss.

Last edited by Lola26; 08-04-2006 at 01:32 PM.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:37 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

Technically, GD is a miscalibration of your insulin production because of interference by your hormones. The amount of sugar you eat in theory shouldn't affect whether you get it -- only how much of an effect it has on your life if you have it. However, as with normal diabetes, a grossly unbalanced diet can affect your insulin production. Eating too many sweets alone shouldn't do it, though.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

hi..these old wives tales really stink! i had salty cravings the first trimester and i'm having a GIRL!

Old 08-04-2006, 01:38 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

Technically, GD is a miscalibration of your insulin production because of interference by your hormones. The amount of sugar you eat in theory shouldn't affect whether you get it -- only how much of an effect it has on your life if you have it. However, as with normal diabetes, a grossly unbalanced diet can affect your insulin production. Eating too many sweets alone shouldn't do it, though.

Old 08-04-2006, 03:15 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I have always eaten a lot of sweets my entire life, including when I was pregnant. I still eat cereal a couple of times a day! Surprisingly a lot of candy cereals and "healthy" cereals have the same amounts of stuff for a lack of a better term in them. Except, if you eat something more like Total, it is healthier. I wouldn't worry about the cereal, just make sure you are getting some other nutritional foods in your diet.

Old 08-04-2006, 03:47 PM   #8
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User

I hope that isn't true, b/c if it is, I definately have GD! I eat powdered doughnuts, ice cream, reeses cups, cookies, cakes, candies! I was very ill the first 2 1/2 months of my pg, and the only things I could get down were sweets. I eat a lot of cheeses and chicken now, but it was bad first tri. They say if you are sick tho, anything you get in your body is better than nothing at all!

~Jackie~

Closed Thread