It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
(female)

lekstroh HB User
Baby's heartbeat

Well I still don't know if there is 2 babies. However on a fetal doppler I heard a loud heartbeat of 152 in one spot, and 2 inches away a heartbeat of 160. That is hard to tell because the rates are so close together it could have been the same baby. And another time I heard 2 hearts beating at the same time interlaping each other, now the other could have been mine, ARGH I want to know if there are two in there.

Has this happened to any of you before, hearing different but close heatbeats 2 inches away from each other.

Old 08-06-2006, 08:12 AM   #2
(female)

Just~A~ HB User
Re: Baby's heartbeat

The nurse did a doppler on me the other day and clearly there was on one hb in one spot (and I know I'm only carrying one, tho). When will you have an u/s? That will be the best way to know for sure.

~A~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2006, 08:55 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

*Stace* HB User

My doctor very often moves the doppler and gets a stronger heartbeat just a couple of inches away from where she last was, and I know for a fact that there's only one baby in there...heck, at 34 weeks, I'd better know that there's only one in there, lol!! A lot of that sort of thing depends on the baby's position, but an ultrasound should be able to tell you for sure.

Old 08-06-2006, 11:30 AM   #4
(female)

lekstroh HB User

I am only 12 weeks, the baby is only 2-3 inches long, can it be heard in spots 2 inches apart? (loud heartbeats). Can hear the heart through its leg or something?

Old 08-06-2006, 11:40 AM   #5
(female)

renau2e HB User

I rented a fetal doppler and have had it since 14 weeks .... Almost always, I can pick up the heartbeat on one side of my uterus, and then move it to the other side and pick it up either stronger, or weaker (depending on how the baby is lying) on the other side.
It says on the doppler instruction manual that it is very commom to hear what you think are two heartbeats- but that it's only one ... just the sound waves are bouncing off a different spot in your belly.
Unless your doctor told you you're pregnant with twins ... I'd say you're hearing the same heart beat :-)

Take care,

Sarah

EDD- Jan. 6th, 2007 (1st baby!)

Old 08-06-2006, 12:41 PM   #6
(female)

lekstroh HB User

My doctor thinks I am pg with twins, I am measureing 5 weeks ahead. Thats why I am trying to listen for 2. It's hard though.

Old 08-06-2006, 03:40 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User

I got to hear the baby's heartbeat at about 11 weeks and the next month (15 weeks) I heard 2. The Doctor told me it was mine and the baby's. When the baby started kicking I would feel a kick in one spot and one in a different spot a little further away and I held out hope for twins. Sometimes when I put my hand on my stomach I could feel 2 heartbeats in different spots but when they did the ultrasound there was only one baby and some people say that it was my heartbeat I felt when I put my hand on my stomach. Anyway, thw only way too really tell if there are 2 is an ultrasound. I read about a hidden twin but I guess it's really rare but anything is possible!

Closed Thread