It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2006, 08:27 AM   #1

noracracy HB User
Not ready

Hello folks. I would appreacite some feedback if possible. So far, I have not taken my last week of BCP and the last week of inactive pills. A total of two weeks and one day w/o BC. This Sunday I would have started my first pack of pills.
To get to the point, I thought I was ready to have a baby, but, maybe i was wrong. Do you think its not too late to start BC again? Do i need to wait for my period again? IT may sound selfish, but, it seems like its something my husband wants more than anything. I felt like he didnt discuss it with me enouph, and when I try to discuss he goes into these weird depression fitts. Just confused here

Old 08-06-2006, 08:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User
Re: Not ready

you should make a call to your doctor and ask him what she thinks would be best for you to do at this point. as for not being ready you should sit down and talk with your husband. let him know that you honestly thought you were ready but now after really thinking it over, you can see that you're are not. just tell him that everything changes when a baby comes and ask him if he is really ready to do that. tell him that you guys still have plenty of time to have children. tell him that you want to get your life in order before bringing a child into it. you need to tell him that you're sorry but you just don't think that now is a good time and you're sorry. try to be gentle with him. i really hope that you are able to sit down and really talk to him. good luck and i hope things go well for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2006, 03:06 AM   #3

noracracy HB User

Thanks for the Feed back Steph66. I just got married last week. Im still relitively young. The truth is, having a child was something I never aggreed to. He disposed my pills(in front of me) and because I let him he thought i agreed to it. I am not here to make him sound like a villian. He is a wonderfull person. I had another talk with him last night. He took it well, but, i know he is upset. My doc apt is next week. Hopefully, its not too late. Anyways, Thanks for the ear.
good luck with your pregnancies everyone.

Last edited by noracracy; 08-07-2006 at 03:07 AM.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Because BCP need to be taken every day to ensure the proper dosage of hormones to stave off conception, I can imagine that things are a little screwy with your cycle now. Your doctor will probably tell you to start taking the pack again on Sunday, but to also use a backup method for a month. This is standard cautionary advice even if you miss just 2 pills in a month.

As for being ready or not, sounds like maybe you guys need some additional counseling to make sure you're on the same page. Most pre-marital counseling programs go over starting a family, but unless both partners are honest it doesn't do any good. Maybe your minister or a counselor can help you two work out these issues. Good luck!

Closed Thread