It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2006, 11:38 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

misip HB User
Plug?

So when I was going to the bathroom after my nap today, I heard a little 'plop' noise that sounded out of the ordinary. Now I was only peeing, so it was really out of the ordinary. After inspecting the toilet, I saw a few pieces of clearish, small, stringy things floating in the water. Of course at first I thought it was pieces of my mucus plug, but as they swirled around they kind of broke apart. If it was my plug don't you think they would have stayed together? Or is it possible to be losing little pieces in prep. for labor?

Anyways, I'm just wondering other's experiences on this subject. Could this have just been discharge? I'm 36wks4ds (due August 31st, 2006... and I think I droped about a week ago)... any input is appreciated.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:31 PM   #2
(female)

oohjo56 HB User
Re: Plug?

It sounds like it might have been discharge. With my first child, there were several times I wiped away what I thought was my plug because it was a lot of discharge and was clear. When I actually lost my plug, it was very thick and pink (because of being blood tinged) and I was like "oooh, so that's what it looks like". You will know if it's your plug, trust me. As for it being pieces of the plug, I don't know. Maybe someone else can help with that??

Good luck!!
Jo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2006, 02:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

MJCota HB User

I lost my mucus plug at about 34 weeks with my son and it was clear, almost booger like. It can be clear with no blood. It might have been it, specially if you dropped already. I dropped and lost my mucus plug the same week.

Old 08-06-2006, 02:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

It sounds to me like discharge too.. I had that happen to me while I was pregnant, and since I at first thought it was my plug, I had my dr do an internal.. My plug was all still there, and she told me it was most likely dishcarge. Then I lost peices of my plug and it's very obvious what that is (once you see it) lol. Like MJCOTA said, it's not always bloody, but it's pretty "booger" like, I know, gross... It won't break apart like that in the water. I know, it's kinda sick too the amount of discharge pregnant woman get huh?

Old 08-06-2006, 08:15 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

misip HB User

I actually haven't had hardley any increase in discharge at all through my pregnancy, which is why I was a bit at odds to see that today. But from what everyone is saying, I think it was just discharge and that it will probably be much more obvious when I do lose it... thanks ladies!

Closed Thread