It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User
Don't know what is is! uti?

Sorry if this is gross but here is my story. Last week I got amoxil for my sinus infection. It was about the 2nd or 3rd day I took it and I noticed I woulf feel like I really had to pee but I would only go a little at a time. I also noticed that when I laid down for a while and then stood up (sleep on my side with legs bent sometimes together or pillow between them) that when I stood up I felt a little irritation near my crotch on the outside. I felt to see if it was swelled but it wasn't and it didn't hurt when I pushed on it. The lower part of my stomach hurt so I figured maybe I had a uti or maybe it was stretching although different from what I felt before. I mentioned it to my doctor and suggested maybe I had a uti from the amoxil. He menitoned a yeast infection, but I don't intch inside. He said my urine specimem was a little concentrated but no infection. I stopped the amoxil and about a 2 days later the inside has gotten a little irritated when I go pee. I don't know what it could be. My last thought was maybe with my increasing weight and sleeping with my legs bent one on top of the other no matter if a pillow is between them, maybe I am pinching something together when I sleep and it starts to gets sore? I have no clue any one ever had a similiar problem? I can't find anything about it in the "what to exspect book" that matches what I am talking about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2006, 04:35 PM   #2
(female)

oohjo56 HB User
Re: Don't know what is is! uti?

A UTI will not irritate you on the outside. I know that antibiotics can cause a yeast infection.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi -

How pg are you?

Be sure you drink lots of water in case "concentrated" is moving toward "infection" and if you continue to be uncomfortable, see your doctor again for another urine check. You don't need a UTI (that ususally stings when you pee) as that can trigger labor to start, but a yeast infection can itch until you're crazy (usually have a think white discharge with this). If you start running a fever, call the doctor.

I doubt if your sleeping position is pinching or cutting off the circulation, but the pillow between your legs would relieve that.

A friend of mine got a varicose vein in her labia and that was so awful and annoying. That's possible, but with your recent antibiotic use, I'd bet yeast.

Wishing you well! Barbara

Old 08-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User

I got a little more irritation and decided to get checked out by the Doctor. They did an exam and took another urine specimen and they found nothing. The Doctor said it'd probably from the icreasing weight of the growing baby pushing on my bladder. She still said to be safe that Is hould take showers only with regular soap, drink more water and eat yogart.

Closed Thread