It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2006, 04:46 PM   #1
(male)

ny2125 HB User
timing of sex and ovulation

if we have sex two or three days before ovulation, and then again on the day she ovulates and and after, do the sperm that are "deposited" on the day of ovulation/and after have any affect on getting pregnant??? or would it be just the sperm released two or three days before be the ones to influence pregnancy or not??? basically, do sperm that are released later towards ovulation or after have any effect, or just the sperm that are first released on the previous days of sex??? will the later released sperm be too late to have any influence??? sorry so "wordy" and hard to explain my question!!! thanks for any help!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #2
(female)

kellie84 HB User
Re: timing of sex and ovulation

OK.... Well I think you need a brief course on ovulation. A women ovulates approx. 14 days before the start of her next period. Once the egg is released it only survives for 24 hours. So the sperm have to get to it in time to implant. Sperm can live up to a week in the body so any time before ( a couple days etc. ) can very well lead to pregnancy. So if you have sex after ovulation there is no way to get pregnant because the egg has already died if it hasn't been implanted. There is also no guarantee that you will get pregnant either. If everything is timed well, ther still is only a 20% chance that it will lead to pregnancy. Hope that all makes sense to you and if you have any more questions just ask I'll be glad to help. By the way if you and your wife or whom ever are trying to get pregnant there is a board on here called TTC ( trying to concieve ) Everyone on there is great and would be glad to answer any questions that you have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread