It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2006, 06:45 PM   #1
(female)

mary345 HB User
headaches and blurry vision

i am almost 15 wk pregnant and have had a headache for the past three days which is accompanied with blurry vision. i have also been getting a lot of nose bleeds. i was just wondering if that was normal. i don't usually get headaches and didn't have any in my first trimester.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
(female)

lekstroh HB User
Re: headaches and blurry vision

I would see a doctor, just to be safe. The two of those symptoms together sometimes can be a sign of a problem, not so much pregnancy related but for your own health. You could very well be fine and it could be nothing, but I would get it checked out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User

I don't know what is with the nosebleeds but blurry vision and headaches can be cause my elevated blood pressure. You may not have had problems before you were pregnant with blood pressure but in some people it shoots up when they get pregnant in called preganancy induced hypertention or something?

Old 08-09-2006, 10:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

curiousforever HB User

pregnancy induced hypertension can be very dangerous to you and the baby.

Definately call your doctor.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:40 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

I agree with all that's been said above. Just wanted to add not to worry about the nosebleeds -- they are relatively common in pregnancy.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:40 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

I agree with all that's been said above. Just wanted to add not to worry about the nosebleeds -- they are relatively common in pregnancy.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:40 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

Old 08-09-2006, 05:20 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

"Pregnancy headaches" are fairly common, as are the nosebleeds (the nosebleeds are due to the increased blood volume swelling the mucus membranes in the nose, bringing the blood vessels closer to the surface and making it easier for them to rupture).

The blurry vision is the one that would worry me. My doctors have all told me to let them know ASAP if I notice blurry vision since it could be a sign of pre-eclampsia.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #9
(female)

mary345 HB User

thankyou for all your replies sorry i have not responded sooner but i ened up in the er b/c i got really dizzy a passed out. my b/p was kind of high but not too bad so they kept me a few days just to watch it. so far all is much better i still get the nose bleeds and the headaches but not the blurry vision anymore. i am still being watched closely b/c i did develop high b/p when i was pregnant with my son.

Old 08-11-2006, 10:54 AM   #10
(female)

greyash HB User

I would see your doc, but I get those same symptoms and they are migraines. They often increase or start up during pregnancy because elevated hormones make them worse - they constrict the blood vessels in the brain. Just wanted you to know that there are other things it could be too, so don't freak out till you see the doc.

Closed Thread