It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
(female)

USPS84 HB User
Honest to God, a Serious question!

Hello all!

I used to post questions here quite often, last year. My daughter just turned a year old, and I am STILL in confusion about the entire due date/pregnany thing. I was with two different people in the time that she might have been concieved, and nothing makes sense to me. Even a whole year later!!!

So here's the deal.

I had sex with someone who was capable of impregnating me on October 12, 2004. The baby was born July 12th 2005. Do that math out...Works in it's favor, right? WELL, I had a light period on October 27, 2004. Based on that fact, and my hormone levels, it was estimated that my due date would be August 2, 2005. They claim my daughter was born at 37 weeks.

The only other time I had sex during this open space was on November 20, 2004 with a man who was sterile. Had I gotten pregnant at that time, my due date would have been August 25th.

DUDE...I can't figure this out?!?!

Does anyone have input...personal experience?? It's been eating me up inside to figure this one out.

Old 08-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
(female)

moonstarlet HB User
Re: Honest to God, a Serious question!

The best thing to do would be to get a paternity test. Your light period could have been implantation bleeding or a real period. I would wager that it is the last man you were with if your baby was early. But the docs could be wrong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #3
(female)

USPS84 HB User

The last man I was with was sterile!

Old 08-06-2006, 08:20 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

misip HB User

Said who? Him? Have you seen the tests saying he is?

I agree, that a paternity test is def. your best bet with getting a REAL answer, and not just a guess.

Old 08-06-2006, 08:43 PM   #5
(female)

kellie84 HB User

If you know that he is sterile why are you questioning that it is his? I would say it is the first man's. The 'light period' you had could have been implantation bleeding, it is very common and it happened right around the time it should have ( thirteen days after intercourse ) Did this bleeding happen when your period was supposed to show? Because if it did it means that you ovulated right around the time you were with the first man. I hope that this makes sense to you. You ovulate approximatly 14 days before the start of your next period and implantationn bleeding happens usually 14 days after, right when your period would show, this is why a lot of women don't know they are pregnant right away because they mistake this for their period. I hope that this helps a little bit and if all else fails there is always peternity testing like the other people said, that is one way to know for SURE. Good luck with everything.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

My dad's first wife told him that it must be HIM that was sterile, so they adopted a daughter. A few years later they got divorced. Then my parents started dating. Well, they got married Feb. 13 and I was born Sept. 18... I guess he wasn't sterile after all!

I think that your child's father is the man you had sex with is the first man. I think that the bleeding was implantation bleeding.

What you don't mention is when was your period before the Oct.27 one? Are you normally regular? Did you notice any signs of ovulation that month?

Also, with a one year old do you notice that she looks like one of the two men more than the other?

Get a paternity test. Even the walk-in clinics in my area are advertising them on their signs. I think they cost about $300-400.

Good luck!

Old 08-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #7
(female)

greyash HB User

They told my cousin hers was early, but she knew the day she concieved because her husband went to Iraq the next day and was in training before that. She only had one day to concieve and it was right on time - not early. Get a paternity test - the second guy is probably lying anyway - they all do.

Closed Thread