It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2006, 07:13 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
Pinching sensation by belly button?

occasionally when i'm walking or getting up i get a pinching sensation or almost more like an electrical shock by my belly button on the left side (a bit below). is this the baby moving or what would that be? i'm 22 weeks tomorrow....

anyone else have soemthing like this?

Old 08-07-2006, 02:04 PM   #2
(female)

mrsb816 HB User
Re: Pinching sensation by belly button?

I wouldn't describe the pain quite the same way but in my first pregnancy my belly button hurt very bad. It became an outie in my second tri (and is again now at 28 wks) and became increasingly painful until after I had the baby. It was honestly at the top of my list of most uncomfortable parts of pregnancy. It felt like it was being pulled out away from my stomach but it was also a strange sensation, hard to describe. I don't think mine was related to the baby moving b/c my little guy was breech and curled up along my right side, not really infront of my belly button, the whole pregnancy. So far, it hasn't hurt during this pregnancy. Its strange how such a little area can cause so much discomfort. I don't now of anything to do to help but I thought I'd let you know you're not the only one who has had belly button problems.

Last edited by mrsb816; 08-07-2006 at 02:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2006, 04:10 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

I'm almost 26 weeks, and I'm having pretty much the same symptom you're describing -- a pinching in my belly button, usually only when I get up and walk around but rarely also when I'm sitting. For me it's on the right side (at least right now; I haven't been keeping track) which sort of makes sense because my baby hangs out over there more frequently than on the left, at least judging by where most of the kicks come from! But the discomfort definitely comes from the belly button, not directly in front of him.

Old 08-07-2006, 05:34 PM   #4
(female)

shamrockcb HB User

I had that too around the 15-20th week, and I thought it was strange that I never found any information about it in the pregnancy books I read!

Old 08-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #5
(female)

mum2three HB User

I get this too. Its to the left or right of b/b though.It feels like a electric shock. I notice it if I move quickly. Anyone know what it is? Must be some type of nerve pressure uh?

Old 08-11-2006, 09:26 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

I guess that I could describe the sensations that I call "flutterings" as "mild electrical shocks". I had one when I was getting an u/s of my cervix (to check for cervical length) and the tech said "oh, your having a contraction!" I told her that I couldn't really tell that, but that I did have a little fluttering sensation that I thought was just the baby moving around. She could tell it was a contraction because my cervix got much longer (because it was compressed) and we had to wait until the contraction passed before she could measure my cervical length.

Closed Thread