It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2006, 07:43 AM   #1
(female)

tangerinedream8 HB User
Baby is lying in a tranverse position

So the past few weeks the baby has been lying sideways.. his head is down a little more than the rest of his body but he is still going across my uterus. I've been getting very bad cramps around where he's lying.. usually around where his feet are.. and when the doctor felt that area it was very tender. Is it possible that a baby who stays in that position could potentially rupture your uterus? I've heard of that before. I am 33 weeks and told he's chubby.
I was at the assesment room last week for the cramping.. when my doctor examined me she mentioned nothing about him possibly being too big to lay that way.
I don't want to have him too early but I also don't want anything to happen to my uterus incase I ever want to have more children.
SO is it possible he could be doing harm to my uterus by lying in that position?

Old 08-07-2006, 01:25 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User
Re: Baby is lying in a tranverse position

I don't know if it will affect you uterus but I had a friend in a similiar situation and the Doctor thought the baby would be about 8 or 9 lbs and was going to let her go up to her due date and then do a c-section. She had the baby and it was smaller than they figured by about 2 to 3 lbs. Everyone is different and if they thought it was going to be a problem I am sure they would check it out. If you are concerned mention it to your Doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2006, 02:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

MJCota HB User
Re: Baby is lying in a tranverse position

my son layed sideways until I dropped at 34 weeks. It's very normal and you may measure larger then usually bc of the position. If your son is starting to go head down (seems to be if his head is going down) then there is no doubt he will go head down in no time. I remember it was VERY uncomfy at times bc it felt like he wasn't going to ever drop down. When he did, it was still uncomfy LOL. Good luck and I wouldn't worry much.

BTW I was told my son was going to be big, he was born at 37 weeks (due to pre-clampsia) and weighed 6lbs 7oz.

Closed Thread