It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2006, 04:27 PM   #1
(female)

Faythey HB User
Talking Marshall Lee Jr. has arrived! - birth story

Marshall Lee Jr was born on July 31st, at 6:08 P.M. He was 9 lbs 6.7 ounces and 21 inches. So heres the story...

We had the induction appointment set for Monday at 6:00 A.M. and we arrived at around 5:45. The nurse immediately took me to my room, where I changed and they took my vitals. I had my IV with pitocin in by 6:30 (after the 2nd try...) and then DH and I just waited. We spent an hour just watching the contractions on the little screen. At about 7:30 my doc came and broke my water. At that point I was 1 and a half cm dialted and 80% effaced. It was shortly after that when I could feel the contractions, but I could just barely feel them.

At about 10:30 I decided to get an epidural, and was about 4 cm dialted at this point. After the epi was in for a few hours there was a spot on my lower abdomen where it wore off. I was only 5 cm, but the pain got to be pretty bad. The nurses suggested that I get the epi redone. I was hoping to wait it out, but my progress completely stopped for awhile. After they redid the epi I went from 5 cm to 9 and a half in 1 hour. It was about 4:30 when they kicked everyone out of the room (except for DH of course) and started preparing.

I started pushing at about 5:30. The epidural had started to wear off again in the same place, but it wasnt too painful. We were actually in the delivery room joking around. There was one point when they made me laugh so hard that I couldnt push. They actually made me feel a little nauseous, and I threw up. They gave me a shot of something though, and I felt fine for the rest of the delivery. The doctor was still thinking that the little guy was about 8 pounds at this point. At 6:08 he came, looking very ****** off. The doctors and nurses were suprised at how big he was, and started making bets on his weight (one of the nurses hit it right on the nose).

I was in the delivery room with baby and DH for an hour after delivery. Baby was just sleeping and very happy. Then they took him to the nursery to give him a bath, get his vitals and all that stuff. It took them about an hour to move me to by post partum room (they needed to make sure I could walk, and wanted me to go to the bathroom first)

The rest of that night is kind of a blur. We had planned on keeping the baby through the nights and not giving him over to the nursery, but he wouldnt sleep and both DH and I were exhausted. It didn't make a very big difference though, because I was pretty uncomfortable and couldnt sleep. I spent the next whole day in my bed, and only got up when i was going to the bathroom. I was pretty uncomfortable that whole day. Somehow though, time just flew by in the hospital. On Wednesday my doctor discharged me, but the pediatrician never showed up (we dont see him anymore...). So we were officially discharged at 2:00.

The first few days at home werent too bad. My mother and mother-in-law were staying with us. At first I was just wanting everyone to leave, but by 5:00 Wednesday night I was thankful they were there. We were just really tired, and I was still pretty uncomfortable.

Its been a week and little Marshall is eating about every 2 hours (we've had to supplement because I just dont make enough for him) and he's back to his birth weight. I've been dealing with some "serious baby blues" as my mother put it. We've talked to the doctor about it, and she just told me to give it some more time. So as it is my mother has decided to stay for an extra week. We had the first pediatrician visit today and he's very healthy!

I can't think of anymore details at the moment...We're just happy to have our little boy home and healthy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2006, 04:45 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

misip HB User
Re: Marshall Lee Jr. has arrived! - birth story

I am so excited for you!!

Sounds like you had a pretty smooth delivery, hope I can say the same for myself! And my goodness what a chunk, 9 pounds? I wish these were the kind of boards where you could post pictures too, I'm sure he's an angel!

Old 08-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #3
(female)

confusedd1234 HB User

Congrats!!!

Old 08-08-2006, 07:01 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

yellowrose5006 HB User

Congrats Faythey! Wow, 9lbs

Sorry to hear about the baby blues, hope you can get some sleep and everything will be ok.

Old 08-08-2006, 08:40 AM   #5
(female)

sousou HB User

Happy for you Faythey !!! try to look at your baby as much as possible and I am sure you'll beat the blues.....
take care !!

Old 08-08-2006, 02:34 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

tglenn HB User

Congratulations, thanks for sharing Marshall's birth story with us! It makes me that much more excited! Take care of yourself and your beautiful baby boy!

Old 08-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #7
(female)

Green Frog HB User

I am so happy for you Faythey! Good luck with your little pumpkin!

Old 08-09-2006, 04:54 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

mommawannabee HB User

Congrats Faythey!! What a wonderful birth story!!

Closed Thread