It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2006, 11:58 AM   #1
(female)

Cookiem26 HB User
Tailbone Pain during and post pregnancy?

Hi. For the last couple of months of my pregnancy I had very intense tailbone pain, it was almost excrutiating whenever I would My job requires that I sit all day. Now I am 7 weeks after delivering and I am still experiencing a lot of tailbone pain and some pain in my upper spine. It hurts only when I am sitting down and in bed at night too but I am going back to work in 3 weeks to a sit down job and dread the pain if it doesn't let up. I don't know whether I should go see my doctor or not but from what I hear even if it's fractured for some reason, there isn't a lot that can be done. Has anyone experienced this and if so what have you done? besides tylenol is there anything that can help and will it eventually go away? I appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User
Re: Tailbone Pain during and post pregnancy?

I'd like to hear if anyone has any thoughts on how to get rid of this also.. I'm 5 months post partum and my tailbone still bothers me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #3
(female)

oohjo56 HB User

The delivery of my first child actual broke my tailbone. She is 9 years old and there are still certain ways I can't sit for a long period of time because it starts to hurt. If you fractured or bruised your tailbone, there isn't anything they can do about it. I haven't found any kind of aspirin or tylenol that will take away the ache or the pain of it. But this is just my experience. Someone else may have better words of wisdom for you

Old 08-09-2006, 08:50 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User

I had tailbone pain with my 1st pregnancy and I went to see the chiroprator and found that my hip were out of alignment. It took a few days to feel better and it I would have to keep going once or twice a week depending on when the pain came back, but at least there was time inbetween where it didn't bother me or at least not as bad.

Closed Thread