It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2006, 09:17 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

tglenn HB User
Inducing Labor Naturally?

Any ideas on how to induce labor naturally? I've heard of having sex but that hasn't worked yet! Is there a special positon or any other ideas to try?

Old 08-09-2006, 04:59 AM   #2
(female)

GloryGurl HB User
Re: Inducing Labor Naturally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tglenn
Any ideas on how to induce labor naturally? I've heard of having sex but that hasn't worked yet! Is there a special positon or any other ideas to try?
tglenn, There are many ways to naturally stimulate the onset of labor.
After you have sex be sure to NOT get up right away and be sure to elevate your hips to let the prostaglandin in the semen coat the cervix. This helps to ripen (soften) the cervix.

Also, nipple stimulation will bring on contractions. Using the balls of your fingertips to "roll" the nipples as well as stimulating the areola and breast will/can bring on strong and regular contractions.

Walking will also help.

There are many VERY effective natural herbs and teas that can be purchased at the natural health food store that will also bring on labor. They REALLY DO WORK! Do a search online for a list of them as well as the most effective that would best suit you.

Good luck to you sweetie!
Glory

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 07:02 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bridget021182 HB User

I read that raspberry leaf tea helps too. I dont know what the other ones would be.

Old 08-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #4
(female)

greyash HB User

My friends doc told her excercise. Also she said that semen has something in it that they use if they do induce -(that's where they discovered it and they replicated it to put it in the suppositories) so have lots of sex and keep the semen in you as long as possible.
I knew a woman who had had 5 kids and wanted the sixth one out so bad she got on her 10 year old's huffy bike and rode around the neighborhood untill her water broke.
Another one was helping put an entertainment center together ( lots of lifting and bending) when she started.
I don't know, but it sounds like physical movement and sex are the main ingredients.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:18 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GoldenMom HB User

Drinking Castor Oil is one that a lot of midwifes recommend. You can take 1 to 4 ounces of castor oil mixed with 6 ounces of orange juice to cut its oiliness. You'll want to drink it quickly because of the unpleasant taste. Some practitioners suggest taking a single dose; others suggest repeated doses depending on your response. Keep in mind that castor oil usually will cause your bowels to empty within about three hours. With luck, soon after that, you will be in true labor.

Hope this helps!!

Old 08-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #6
(female)

oohjo56 HB User

As funny as it sounds, nipple stimulation worked for me. Whether it was coincidence or not, I would do it quite often and started having contractions 2 days after doing it. I would walk a little bit, but with as big as I was, it made me too tired.

Closed Thread