It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 10:36 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

almac HB User
blood @ 26weeks

Okkkay.

In my 26th week, having some spotting. Was not caused by sex or anything of the sort. Haven't noticed any other discharge.. but there was un mistakeable blood when I whiped and there is a drop of blood on my undies about and inch in length. Not a lot... but blood at this point is not good.

I'm RH negative, I'm wondering if the spotting could be related to that? I'm due to get my shot in two weeks. Or could this be something more serious.

I'm not sure what the causes of spotting would be at this point. The baby has been kicking regularly... he seemed fine. There hasnt been any cramping.

I'm going to call my doctor, but Id like some opinions.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:39 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lovemybabyboys HB User
Re: blood @ 26weeks

yeah, i would definately call or go to the dr.
but have they told you were your placenta is? if it is low lying, that could cause bleeding.
good luck and take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

almac HB User

No they didn't mention that. They seem to keep the info to a minimum unless something is wrong. Up until now everything has been perfect... meaning.. no information.

I just made an appt with my doctor, the fit me in for this evening. Getting kind of worried now.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:33 AM   #4
(female)

mum2three HB User

I just wanted to post right quick, as I have spotted a lot with this pg. I am 24w, and haven't in a few weeks. It made me CRAZY In my level ll u/s they noticed my placenta was low,it wasn't covering my cervix, but very low. The doc didn't say anything to me though unil I said can you tell me why I have spotted on and off with this pg. He then offered up about the placenta. My last u/s it had come up some, and I think thats why I was spotting, cause I haven't. It just seems a trend that they don't offer much info unless you ask. Any sight of blood scares me(since I am pg), especially if there isn't a reason. I am sure it's fine. but you are right to get checked out. Try to calm down, I know I drove myself crazy the last time I was spotting, waiting to get in. Good luck,

Old 08-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

almac HB User

how do they check for low placenta? Or... that would have been on my u/s results wouldnt it? I actually have two doctors... because Ive been back and fourth between two cities. Unfortunate for me.. I had my u/s done in my home town (not there I am right now).

I read something about... if you have a low placenta and your spotting they put you in bed rest to prevent heavy bleeding?

I assume I'll be sent for another u/s... will I have to wait a few days for the results.. or is this something they will tell me right away.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #6
(female)

mum2three HB User

I am not sure,here in the states some docs have u/s in their offices(mine does) As routine u/s they would check position of placenta. If it was low but not anything to worry about, they may not mention it to you. If a radiologist does u/s he would prolly tell you during exam. Not sure if tech would. There are usually risk factors, but with anything they don't always follow criteria. Some are smoking, age, prior low lying placenta, and with each pg the risk increases ( not sure why). But this is my fourth pg(3rd viable) and I am 36. Try not to worry. It might just be from increased activity or something. Keep us posted.

Closed Thread