It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 12:54 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User
Handeling stress while pregnant

I was a very stressed person before I got pregnant and now I try watch my stress level but lately is has been high! I can't seem to avoid it. Everywhere I go I see stress especially in my family and in my husband's family and people feel the need to tell me about. The find me easy too talk to but later I feel upset. So far in the last 2 weeks I have been fighting a sinus infection, have pain from the baby pushing on my bladder, got into an arguement with my husband and almost left him, have one sister argueing with her boyfriend, one contemplating divorce from her husband, one depressed and a pushy Mother-in-law. Because of all the stress my blood pressure was a little high and now am am being sent to see if I have preeclampsia or just high blood pressure due to stress. I don't ask for this or go looking for trouble but it has found me. I can't help it if people just tell me this stuff. On top of that when I got a scare because of an nurse who didn't have her facts straight and I thought the baby and I had gestational (sp) diabetes! How do I stay out of the stress?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
(female)

mum2three HB User
Re: Handeling stress while pregnant

It is true that we can't avoid all stress anytime. But I would make it a priorty to stay awau from people who are known stress causers. We all have them in our life, and thanks to caller ID we can screen calls, if someone shows up at the door, tell them you feel under the weather and need rest. They may think you rude, but who cares.If they don't understand that you have to protect your child than too bad.
Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread