It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2006, 07:12 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
Steady contractions last night but now nothing

Last night I was experiencing a lot of contractions. They seemed to be coming every few minutes. It lasted close to an hour - an hour and a half. Then I fell asleep. This morning I'm feeling better.

I'm only 34 weeks, should I contact my ob if this occurs again. I don't want to wait around thinking it's nothing and end up going into labor too early. I'm having a c-section on Sept. 14th.

This is child #2 - I was induced w/ my first so I don't really know what it's like to go into labor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2006, 09:29 AM   #2
(female)

mrsb816 HB User
Re: Steady contractions last night but now nothing

I have had a lot of contractions with this pregnancy. My dr. told me if I start having a few to lay down and drink water and count them. If I have six in an hr or if they are evenly spaced ten minutes or less apart to go to the hospital. That's just what my dr. said but I think that is common advice. Good luck and don't worry too much. W/ my first I was scheduled for a c/s at 2 wks and ended up w/ my water breaking and having my c at 3 1/2. He was very healthy, 9 and 10 apgars. Pay close attention and good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2006, 10:54 AM   #3
(female)

LABOR HB User

Im Not Scheduled For C- Section But The Same Thing Happened To Me Last Night I Was Even Getting Ready To Go To The Hospital, But I Said No Just Try To Rest And If They Keep On Going Then I Go To The Hospital Well I Fell Asleep Next Thing You Know My Alarm Went Off And Now Im Here At Work..

Old 08-11-2006, 04:04 PM   #4
(female)

amandab_nyc HB User

Me too! Yesterday (I am 39 weeks) I had 4 hours of contractions between 10 and 30 minutes apart. I almost went to hospital but knew they'd just send me home. Today I've had them like every hour. Please oh please I hope this doesn't last another 2 weeks! If I am late, I'm gonna ... probably drink castor oil (am I kidding? probably)

Does anyone have this periodic really painful pinching sensation in her vagina? OUCH. Its like his head is pushing on my cervix or something and it really feels pinched. Pain lasts for only a 2 seconds but OUCH.

Old 08-11-2006, 04:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Amanda -- Baby is probably just lying on a nerve. Ouch!

Old 08-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User

Amanda B NYC - I also am having that stabbing pain in my vagina. It feels like something is piercing through my cervix. That's the best way I can describe it.

Thanks everyone else for your responses. I feel the contractions picking up again but I think it's because I'm getting stressed chasing after the little one.

Old 08-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

misip HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandab_nyc
Does anyone have this periodic really painful pinching sensation in her vagina? OUCH. Its like his head is pushing on my cervix or something and it really feels pinched. Pain lasts for only a 2 seconds but OUCH.
YES! 37 1/2 weeks here, and I get it all the time. I assume this is effacing/dialating??

Old 08-13-2006, 04:46 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Call your doctor! Let the doctor be the one to decide if you should rest, drink water, go to the hospital or none of the above. You're paying the doctor to take good care of you and your baby, but the doctor cannot do that if you don't tell what is happening.

I lost a baby at 22 weeks because I wanted to believe that the nighttime regular contractions that lasted over an hour were normal. I didn't want to disturb the doctor. How dumb of me.

Better safe than sorry.

Wishing you well - Barbara

Closed Thread