It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2006, 07:07 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

almac HB User
::update:: "bleeding @ 26 weeks"

Hey!

Quick recap. Spotting bright red yesterday. No trama to area.. so it was very odd. Figured it was caused by me being RH negative.

Went to see my doctor.. she was usless. I think bc Im moving back home in a week she just didn't take it seriously....bc she wouldn't have to deal with me anymore. She didn't ask any questions... she just wrote up the papers to have my RH shot and bloodwork done. She actually mumbeled under her breath "I'm not going to examine you, your doctor can" (reffering to my doctor in my hometown). She then sent me on my merry way, not telling me what could have caused the bleeding and just that if I start to bleed heavily to go to the hosptial. I was stunned.

I got home and right away called my Mom back home. She's a nurse so I wanted to get her opinion. She demanded I go to the hosptial (emerg. for maternity). I agreed... blood at this point shouldn't be left un-examined. And I couldn't be happier that I went. The nurses were fantastic, the doctor was great... just a great experience. They monitored the babys heart for a while, everything was great. They checked my cervix and everything looked fine. No swelling or irritation no cuts. They had my u/s faxed up from my hometown to check my placenta. My placenta is great (up in front). So.. we have no idea where the blood came from. Everything looked fine. They just said not to worry... that it's not common.. but not unheard of. It was probably just due to all the changes going on with my cervix and stuff. So while I was there they gave me my shot and took some blood to check the antibodies.

ALSOOOOO....The daddy and I were watching the heart monitor and talking about how boys have lower heartbeats.. so as we were watching.. it was much below 160 (130's for the most part). When the doctor came in he asked if you could tell the sex by this.. and she said 'no, but I have a machine in the other room'. I was ...floored. Where I live in Canada they aren't allowed to tell you the sex, and a lot of the tech's are very stern on this (my 20week u/s for example.. the tech was a beyyatch). So... we found out the sex.. off the record. GIRL. GIRL GIRL GIRL.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2006, 09:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: ::update:: "bleeding @ 26 weeks"

Wow -- glad you're ok. But it's AGAINST THE LAW to tell you the gender??? What up with that??? Sheesh! How draconian!

Old 08-11-2006, 10:19 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

almac HB User

hahaha I know !! It's absurd ! They don't allow them to tell you the sex because of some silly people sueing the doctors because they were wrong about the sex. So now... they just don't tell you. I think those 'silly people' should be given a stern talkin to. They really messed things up for the rest of us.

Old 08-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #4
(female)

mum2three HB User

Almac,
I am so happy everything is OK !! It can be sooo stressful just being pg. Also CONGRATULATIONS on your baby girl!!! What a wonderful bonus

Closed Thread