It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2006, 07:36 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Jonanner HB User
Question about due date??

OKay, I know this may be a stupid question, but should my due date fall on the first day of my 40th week, or after my 40th week has been completed. I kow my due date is Sept. 26th. I was under the impression that I am starting my 34th week, but my doctor insists it's my 35th. THe online calculators say 34th. I am very confused. If this is my 34th week and my due date is Sept 26th, that would mean my due date is the first day of my 40th week.

Does anyone know anything about this? I just want to set my doctor or myself straight. Thanks!

Old 08-14-2006, 07:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User
Re: Question about due date??

Hi -

My doctor told me to count back 3 months from the 1st day of my last period, then add 10 days to find my approximate due date. He said that 75% of babies come on or before their due date, that another 20% arrive in the 7 days after their due date and the last 5% either come very early or later than a week past their due date.

A due date is approximate and the baby will be born with your body and the baby decide it's time. Whether your due date is on the money accruate or not, it's still a guess within the ball park for when you should be ready.

I was also told to pack my hospital bag 3 weeks ahead of my due date

Get the nursery ready, pack,then sit and enjoy the last weeks of peace and quiet!!

Wishing you well - Barbara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2006, 07:49 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lovemybabyboys HB User

i have one of those round pregnancy calculators like they have at the dr. office. after i read you quesion, i was curious. so i got it out.
If you are due on sept. 26, that is the first day of week 40. and you will start week 34 tommorrow.
it seems your dr. is a little off.
hope this helps.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:12 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Jonanner HB User

Thanks for the replies. I thought my doctor might be off, but after I told her twice and she didn't want to hear it, I figured why push it until I'm sure. The 34th week it is.

Closed Thread