It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2006, 07:57 AM   #1
(female)

smec HB User
Being Induced Tomorrow

I am 39 wks pregnant w/ GD, and the dr. is going to induce me tomorrow. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. Any advice on what to expect from those who have been induced in previous pregnancies?

Old 08-14-2006, 10:10 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lovemybabyboys HB User
Re: Being Induced Tomorrow

i was induced with my first pregnancy at 38 weeks due to high blood pressure. i think it was great. my doctor was there, if you just go into labor, you never know who will deliver your baby. the epidural man was there, he was not on call, like with my second baby. i had a great experience.
my dr. broke my water at about 6. then they started pitocen at 7. i started feeling contractions by about 7:30, not too bad. at about 8 they were getting stronger and i didn't want to feel how much stronger, so i got my epidural at 8:30 at 3cm. and he was born at 2. like i said, i think it was great, because i was prepared. i took everything i needed, not like with my second, i didn't take anything, and we live 2 hours from the hospital where i gave birth, so i had to get my mom to bring everything.
and you know that your baby's birthday will be August 15.
just try to get as much sleep as you can tonight. my dr. told me to come in the night before since i lived so far away. they hooked me up to the mointors and i couldn't sleep. i just layed there and watched the babies heart rate all night. so i was very tired when i gave birth.
i think that is the best advice you can get. sleep and be well rested, because when the baby comes, you won't want to sleep.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2006, 01:33 PM   #3
(female)

mammajess HB User

I have no advice for you. Sorry but I did want to reply and say CONGRADULATIONS! And GOOD LUCK! Let us all know how it goes.
Luv Jess

Old 08-14-2006, 06:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

I was induced with my son... I was given cytotec around 12 and within half an hour was feeling contractions.. I was given pitocen a little bit later and MAN did the contractions get bad!!! Was able to get through them but they aren't fun.... I ended up with an emergency section because of the cord being looped tightly around DS' neck, so I felt cheated in a way, that I had gone through that for nothing. Wish I had been given an US before the induction so they would have known Oh well, it's totally worth it. I'd go through that labor a million more times.. I went into L&D and told the nurses, my Dr, and husband that I would NOT accept any pain killers.. The nurse laughed at me and told me "no one goes through an induction without pain meds" So happy that 23 hours later I was able to prove her wrong LOL

Old 08-15-2006, 08:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User

I was induced 10 days early w/ my 1st pregnancy due to high blood pressure. I went to a scheduled dr. appt and was sent right to the hospital. I had not time to think about the whole process, which wasn't that bad.

I was given magnesium for my blood pressure and cervadil to speed up contractions. The cervadil didn't help much so I was started on pitocin hours later and had my water broken. After my water broke I recall the contractions intensity. It came on pretty fast. Unfortunately I pushed for hours and ended up w/ a c-section. I'd recommend some pain med. I got a shot of stadol which didn't help my pain at all so if you feel you need it go for the epidural before you get too far along.

Good luck.

Closed Thread