It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2006, 08:32 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
Severe Round Ligament Pain?

early monday am-right around midnight, i woke up with severe lower right sided pain..hurt to walk or lay down..felt best (not good at all but better) when i stood...stuck with me for 5 hours! didn't go back to bed until 5am modnay am. took yesterday off and then felt a bit better. around 3:30 i had another attack which was worse....couldn't even walk or breathe right...so painful. called my ob and he got right on the phone..asked if it flet like a knife stabbing me and i said YES! he said it's perfectly normal.....round ligament pain....i asked him though, after reading that it's not supposed to last more than a few minutes and typically only comes from getting up or moving too quickly....i was just sitting on the couch resting....if this was normal for me not to be able to walk or sit...he said yes...i brought up appendicitis to be ruled out and he said it would be up further than i described and i would have other symptoms. so that was a relief. told me the only thing i could do was rest and get a heating pad. did that and for the most part i'm better with some mild pain on the other side this am but nothing like it was.

after this long vent, i was curious to find others out there that have had this severe pain as well.

i'm 23 weeks today. how much longer will my body be stretching and not liking it?!

thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2006, 08:47 AM   #2
(female)

mandrea HB User
Re: Severe Round Ligament Pain?

Hi, I'm 33 wks. now but around the end of June, when I was probably at 25 wks. I had a severe case of what was later diagnosed as round ligament pain. I had gotten up that morning and walked around just fine. After sitting/lying in bed with the laptop, I went to get up and had to immediately sit back down. From that point on, every time I tried to walk or move my legs I had severe pain & pressure from my inner upper thighs up through my bikini line area. It really scared me because this is my 3rd pregnancy and I had never experienced anything like this before. Anyway, after 8 hrs. of trying not to over react (it was a Sunday) I ended up calling the dr. on call and going to labor & delivery to get checked out. The dr. said it was a severe case of round ligament pain and they gave me a shot of demerol, which helped me to sleep, but when I got out of the car to walk in my house the pain was still pretty bac. By the next day the pain wasn't as severe, and it has come and gone since but it is more of a mild/moderate discomfort than real pain. When I went to my regular ob a couple days later he said that although it isn't as common to have pain that severe that it does happen and it doesn't indicate any problem with the pregnancy. Hope this helps

Mandrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2006, 10:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

thanks...puts my mind at ease...

also makes me feel like if i can handle this knife stabbing pain, i guess i'll be able to handle labor.

Old 08-16-2006, 06:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

My OB and my perinatalogist said I could take ibuprofen up until 32 weeks if needed for pain caused by my fibroid. You could also take Tylenol...

Closed Thread