It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
(female)

LibertyGirl HB User
Unhappy 9 weeks pregnant and bleeding w/ back pain

Hello Everyone.

For past 3 or 4 days i have severe back pain. This morning i began bleeding. I wouldn't call this light spotting. I was actually bleeding red. It was enough to ruin my panties and sanitary pad.

I called my ob-gyn's office. They had not done any blood tests yet. This was my first visit and was due to an emergency. They were planning on seeing me in week 12.

They ordered some blood work today and the results won't be available until tomorrow. They also performed an ultrasound. I saw the baby. the nurse said that the heartbeat is on. She said, everything on the u/s looks okay. However, i noticed that i am not stomach sick for almost a week, i have really bad back ache for 4 days now and now i am also bleeding. I am so worried that this may end up in a miscarriage.

Although I saw the baby and they say the u/s looks good, I am not convinced. That could very well change right?

I still have soem backache.

Has anyone had bleeding with low pack pain in their 9th week of pregnancy? I have not spotted in the first 8 weeks at all. Please help!

Thank you,
LibertyGirl

Old 08-16-2006, 12:17 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User
Re: 9 weeks pregnant and bleeding w/ back pain

Honestly it could be a number of things. I am not trying to scare you but there are different things it could be and it's not always bad. You will have to wait for the tests to come back. In the mean time don't focus on what might happen. Just try to focus on what you know like there is a baby there and you saw the heartbeat. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2006, 12:56 PM   #3
(female)

mandrea HB User

Hi, I had a m/c at 9 wks before becoming preg. with my 2nd child. I had bright red bleeding as well, but when they performed the ultrasound, there was only a sac, no baby had developed. I think if you have seen your baby on the us with a hb there is definitely reason to be hopeful. I hope everything is ok
Mandrea

Old 08-16-2006, 01:10 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

Though they say 25% of pregnancies before the 12th week miscarry, that's true of only 5% of pregnancies where a heartbeat was seen -- in most of the others, no heartbeat ever developed. So your chances are pretty good. Could they see where the placenta was?

Old 08-17-2006, 10:41 AM   #5
(female)

LibertyGirl HB User

Thank you all...

It's very reassuring to hear from you guys!!!

My bleeding has completely stopped now and the back pain has subcided as well. I am very hopeful that everything will be fine.

I am O+ and my hcg level was 130,000 IUmm. They only did this once so we dont know if its doubling but the number is consistent with the gestational age. Oh, and the heartbeat was 153 bpm!

I have my fingers crossed. I dont want to see any more blood until delivery!!!

Thank you again for the reassurance. I have another appointment on Aug 28th at which point I will be more convinced if everything still looks good.

Good luck to everyone!!! This is my first baby and I am super paranoid!

Thanks again!!!

~Libertygirl

Old 08-17-2006, 11:06 AM   #6
(female)

shawnaslover HB User

I thought most doctors want to see you as soon as you find out you are pg for prenantal care. 12 weeks is a long time to go without seeing a doctor. I had a positive test last night and I am scheduled to see my ob in the am. I really hope things work out for you and I wish you the best.
Shawna

Old 08-17-2006, 02:25 PM   #7
(female)

LibertyGirl HB User

Hi Shawna,

CONGRATULATION!!!!!!!!! Good luck with your pregnancy... It's a long journey full of anticipation...

In a perfect world, you'd think the doctor would like to see you right away. Although, when i called in, the first response was, "We do not generally see patients until week 11 or 12 unless there is a problem!!!".

So, i figured, it's normal. Each hospital/clinic does it differently. I was fine until i got into the 9th week to suddenly have severe back pain. At first, i thought it's the exercise... I stopped doing that and then 3-4 days later, i was bleeding!!! I got scared and called. They HAD to see me... NO CHOICE!!! I made sure they saw me on the same day!!!

Oh well... At least i am glad you are seeing you doctor right away!! Maybe its a better clinic!!! Each one is different!!

Good luck again and congratulation!!!

~LibertyGirl

Closed Thread