It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
(female)

oohjo56 HB User
April Mommies

I figure by now if someone was due in April they would have found out they were pregnant by now. So I figured I would start a thread for April 2007 Mommies and maybe we could all get some belly buddies and share experiences on our 9 month journey! (Well, our 8 month journey now).

I'm 31 and pregnant with my 3rd child and due on April 4th, 2007. I got my first positive pregnancy test at 9 OPD. I've registered with a Obstetrics Group and I have my first appointment this Friday (the 18th) but it's just the nurses interview. I've never actually had a nurses interview before, so I assume nothing medical is going to go on, just asking us about our family history and what not.

Sick, sick and sick. I've been nothing but sick the last few weeks. No matter what I eat or what I smell, I get rotten morning sickness that I'm hoping I'm almost at the end of.

Hope to share experiences with all.
Jo
EDD 4/4/07 #3

Old 08-15-2006, 08:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User
Re: April Mommies

I'm pretty sure I'm due in April as well, did my own EDD, since my clinic didn't do one yet. I'm thinking April 19th. I just found out last week, after 3 IVF cycles (2 fresh, 1 frozen). I've done 3 blood tests so far, and so far I've been doubling nicely. I am nervous about an m/c but I know my mom is watching over me from heaven (she recently passed during this past IVF cycle).
I've been exhausted, emotional, had breast tenderness, and some cramping...but I'm also taking Progesterone injections, so my hormones are definitely heightened! I'm so happy to be finally on the pg board as I've been an Infertility veteran for a while.

Happy & healthy vibes to all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2006, 10:52 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

suesy HB User

Like km, I am a 'transfer' from the infertility boards (hi km!! ), and just recently got my BFP after my first IVF. I'm 35 and this will be my first. My RE told me my tentative due date is April 12th.

So far, so good. Since it's still in the riskier first trimester, I'm trying to take it easy and do everything in moderation. Sorry to hear you're feeling sick, oohjo. Luckily, I haven't gotten those symptoms yet - just incredibly incredibly tired all the time. Oh, and the standard breast enlargement/tenderness.

We've got a while to go yet, and let's hope it's a happy healthy 9 months (8 months now, I guess) for us all!

Old 08-16-2006, 04:53 AM   #4
(female)

oohjo56 HB User

Wow! You two have travelled down quite a road to get here! Congratulations!!!

Old 08-16-2006, 08:54 AM   #5
(female)

dvrgrl38 HB User

I am in my 6th week of my first pregnancy and my estimated due date is the first week of April. I have my first doc appt on monday. I have had some pretty bad food aversions, heartburn, and gas stuck in my chest. Yest. was REALLY bad. Other thank that I am just really tired and my breasts are sore. I am excited and nervous since this is my first. Congrats ladies!

Old 08-17-2006, 05:11 AM   #6
(female)

shawnaslover HB User

Hello,
I just tested yesterday and I got a BFP. I will be an April mommy also. I am calling today for a doc appointmnet. My DH was born in April also. It will be nice sharing this with you ladys.
Shawna

Old 08-17-2006, 07:16 AM   #7
(female)

crisvow8 HB User

Hi, I am 7 1/2 weeks pregnant! My edd is April 1st. I had my first ultrasound last week and we didn't get to hear the heartbeat but we got to actually see it beating! I have been extremely tired and my stomach has been very uneasy. I am counting down the weeks to my 2nd trimester so i can start feeling like me again! Congrats to all of you!

Old 08-17-2006, 05:37 PM   #8
(female)

Sumami HB User

Hi everyone!

I (like km and suesy) have just come over from the infertility boards after getting a BFP this week! I don't have an official delivery date yet but I estimate it will be around April 22nd.

It's so great to see that we're all at a similar stage and can support each other through the next 8ish months. I'm lucky enough to not have any major symptoms yet but who knows what's around the corner!

Congratulations Shawna on the positive test yesterday!! You must be so excited!

Look forward to journeying with you all.

Sumami

Old 08-18-2006, 09:31 AM   #9
(female)

shortstuff07 HB User

Hello everyone!!!

I'm Renee, 31yo, became pregnant after a round of 100mg Clomid. I'm due 4/12/07. This is my second. So far, breats tenderness, bouts of nausea and tiredness. Other than that, I don't feel pregnant!!!!! Good luck everyone!

Old 08-18-2006, 01:05 PM   #10
(female)

pradasweets1983 HB User

I am 22 years old...I am either due the beginning of April or the end of March..I don't think there is a thread for march so I will post here. I had two prior m/c....one I didn't even know I was prego till I m/c ( I was on the Patch) and the second I was only 6 1/2 wks. I lost it on June 12th...Never had my AF after that m/c so I got suspcious and sure enough was pregnant yet again even though my husband and I tried to prevent that. I have had one ultra sound on 8-01 and we just saw the yolk sac and gestational sac that was almost two weeks ago....I don't know how far along that puts me..the doc only did the ultrasound to figure out how far I am ..but still not sure. This past week has been so miserable. with the other two preg. I never had any sort of nausea. With this one its so bad I want to die at times. It get especially bad in afternoon and night. Like there is nothing I can do. Although saltines and sprite have become my friends. My breasts are very sore and have plumped out quite a bit. I like that aspect haha. Oh and with this pregancy I am also so so so so so exhausted. I am not the kind of person to take naps..but I can't seem to get out of bed. And when I do take naps I sleep so deep.

I have another appt scheduled with the dr. on the 22nd coming up and he is supposed to do another ultrasound to possibly see a heartbeat..but since my insurance won't cover all of these...it won't even cover pre-natal vit! Can you see the heart beat only on the ultra sound or is there another machine that let's you only hear the heartbeat? This dr has been so so great in taking extra care to me....but if I am to m/c a ultra sound won't prevent...so I think I might wait till I am further along to have another one.

What exactly goes on in follow up visits? what do they check for and do? Would it be worth goling in this next tues even though i won't get a ultra sound to go for my check up? I am eating healthy, taking prenatal vit no caffine, I don't drink or smoke, I have ADD and stopped taking my meds even before I found out I was pregnant cause i was on Vacation and didn't need them. I am sorry this is so long. I tend to do that sometimes. I hope this pregancy comes through i want his baby more than anything. But if it's not to be than God has other plans and I understand that even though it will be hard. And I am glad this pregnancy is so differ. than the others maybe that says something.

Take care all and good luck!-------Jess

Last edited by pradasweets1983; 08-18-2006 at 01:05 PM.

Old 08-18-2006, 03:49 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

pinkie1 HB User

You ladies do not know how excited I am to see you all here! Especially you, KM!

I was also on the infertility board for a while and then took some time off to not think about all this. I did one IUI in April, and then because of certain events (paid trip to Isreal for May 2007) we had to postpone IF treatments until early next year. Well, I don't think we'll be going to Isreal now, and look, I end up getting pg! I tested today, and even though it was a faint positive I called the 800# and the gal confirmed that if there is ANY second line, then it's a BFP.

I'm 33 and we've been ttc for 2.5 years. DH's b-day is in April, too, and I think I'm due April 24. This is my second pregnancy, DS is 3.5 years old. I haven't had much symptoms that are very noticable, other than a headache all day yesterday. With my DS I got headaches a lot. And another symptom that may sound strange, but my freckles on my face appears alittle darker than usual. "Mask of pregnancy".

I am still in a state of shock and unbelief. I'm going to have to retest in a few days. I hope the saying: "if it's too good to be true, then it probably is" won't apply here.

I wish you all a safe and healthy 8 more months!

Old 08-19-2006, 06:17 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User

So, I was reading something interesting in the Preg. Journal I have. By the end of the 5th week, (gestationally 3 weeks) our little one is only about the size of a sesame seed!!! It's hard to imagine that something so small can produce so many symptoms! It makes me that much more nervous, knowing that this tiny being is oh so delicate and fragile. I guess he/she will grow pretty quick though!

Old 08-19-2006, 06:36 PM   #13
(female)

ilovesporty HB User

Hi ladies! I'm glad to see there are so many of us here! After some health concerns that almost took away my fertility completely, I got a BFP on 7/31/06 after about 4 months of TTC. My DH and I feel so fortunate! I don't have an OB appt until next week, but I'm guessing my EDD is 4/8/07.

Welcome and congrats to everyone else!

Meg

Old 08-20-2006, 02:37 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

pinkie1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovesporty
Hi ladies! I'm glad to see there are so many of us here! After some health concerns that almost took away my fertility completely, I got a BFP on 7/31/06 after about 4 months of TTC. My DH and I feel so fortunate! I don't have an OB appt until next week, but I'm guessing my EDD is 4/8/07.

Welcome and congrats to everyone else!

Meg
Glad you were ok. Hope you have a healthy 9 months!

Old 08-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

koukla3 HB User

Hi there!

I too made the transfer to the pregnancy board from the infertility board. I have my first u/s tomorrow and I don't have a definate due date yet but I calculated it myself to be April 9th. If everything looks o.k. tomorrow I will transfered from my fertility doctor to a regular OB which my first appointment is september 7th. I am sooo excited to be here!!!! I am lucky like suesy to not have any sick symptoms. My boobs are enormous and sore and I feel a bit bloated and constipated but besides that all is well!

This was a great idea to start the April mommies thread...I still am in shock that Im pregnant.

Suesy...I think you go tomorrow for you u/s also...good luck, Ill be thinking of you!

Congratulations everyone!

Happy healthy 8 more months!!!!

Koukla

Closed Thread