It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2006, 04:19 PM   #1
(female)

babyangel2 HB User
Spotting ??????????

Hi,

I just found out I am pregnant on Sunday. I had my HCG level check Mon. It was 35 at 12 dpo. I had it cheked today and I will find out tomorrow the results. When I got home to day I had to go to the bathroom ( Number 2) Sorry to be so personal. When I wiped I had fresh red blood. Is this normal ???? I am scared to death because I have already had 1 miscarriage at 9 weeks. Has this happen to anyone else????

Amy
TTC Dec.2004
1 miscarriage Mar. 2006
IUI Aug 2,2006
BFP Aug 13,2006

Old 08-16-2006, 07:13 PM   #2
(female)

shamrockcb HB User
Re: Spotting ??????????

From what I'm told its not normal and you should always consult your dr. However, I had the same thing for the first 12 weeks and was told that up to 25% of women experience this with no explained reason and everything turns out ok. I am now at 33 weeks, best of luck to you!

If your bleeding is accompanied by cramping you definitely want to call the dr immediatlely. wishing you the best!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2006, 08:54 PM   #3
(female)

Abigail_P HB User

Hi!

I've had a similar situation to you so I hope this helps. I had a misscarriage at 14 weeks in which I spotted. I had a second pregnancy a few months later and began to spot again. I ended up having a small clot (I don't remember the medical name, sorry!) behind the placenta that was causing some irratation, and it was perfectly fine. They told me it would go away further into the pregnancy and it did. If you have any type of spotting though please get it checked out, it's better to be safe then sorry. And it's okay to worry, you're going to be a mom, practice now.

Abigail

Old 08-17-2006, 04:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User

baby angel - I have had 3 first trimester m/c's. 2 of which began w/ spotting. I also spotted light pink w/ my 1st successful pregnancy. If you have pain and bright red blood I'd check w/ the dr.

I always have my hcg levels tested often in the beginning. They should at least double every 48-72 hours. With the m/c's mine never doubled, they just lingered in the low hundreds or decreased. That will be a good sign of what's going on.

Let us know when you find out.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:45 AM   #5
(female)

LibertyGirl HB User

Hello babyangel2,

This may sound a little awkward but are you sure the blood was from your vagina and not anus? Some women may suffer from hemmorhoids during pregnancy and thay causes bright red blood! I hope you are not offended but I was just presenting all the facts.

If that's the case, you are safe. Some women also spot during pregnancy. I was bleeding for 2 days last week and as far as i know everything is still okay!

Good luck to you honey. Let us know how things are with you.

~LibertyGirl

Closed Thread