It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User
Cloudy urine?

It is weird, everyday I wake up, my urine is cloudy. Only the first "pee" I have seems to be cloudy. I have read it would be a UTI, but other symptoms aren't apparent. I don't understand why this is. I dunno if it's just b/c it's like the longest I go w/o peeing, or that I don't drink any liquids b4 bed or what it is. Anyone else experience this??

~Jackie~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2006, 07:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User
Re: Cloudy urine?

Hi -

You didn't say how far along you are, but start drinking lots of water now even if it makes you get up tonight to pee. First thing in the morning, call your doctor's office and tell them about the cloudy morning urines. The water may clear it up for tomorrow morning, but a UTI - even without other symptoms - can cause labor to start if left untreated. Your doctor's office may want you to come in for a urine test. If you're told you can wait to see if other symptoms develop, continue to drink lots of water.

Wishing you well - Barbara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2006, 08:23 PM   #3
(female)

mel-mel HB User

I am 12 weeks and my urine sometimes is a little cloudy in the mornings too. I just started increasing my water intake a bunch and it has gotten a lot better. Of course cloudy urine is a s/s of UTI but my doc says if only accompanied with other symptoms like burning on urination and lower back flank area pain. I found that increased water intake helped. Good luck!

Old 08-16-2006, 08:45 PM   #4
(female)

justpeach HB User

I'm 14wks preggo & I also have cloudy urine every morning. I read somewhere that it is likely b/c of increased discharge. I also have no other signs of having a UTI & I drink LOTS of water daily. Hmmm...now wondering if I should call the doc about this.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:10 PM   #5
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User

Thank you ladies for the input! I am seeing the doc on Friday, for an OB prenatal checkup, and I will ask her to maybe take a urine culture then. I just think it is totally weird how it is only first thing in the morning. But I definately do need to drink more H2O. I was never a fan of it b4 being pg, but I have been trying to increase it. Thanks again and good luck to you all!

~Jackie~

Closed Thread