It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

liloulou HB User
How many people allowed in u/s room?

I have my level 2 ultrasound tomorrow and my family is coming to the appointment. I just read the form telling me to drink water and not go to the bathroom and then I saw a paragraph saying the only person allowed in the room during the u/s is my husband for "a short period of time at the end". I find this strange... did anyone else experience this? Were you allowed to have more than just your dh in the room?
My mom brought a plane ticket here for the occasion... I hope they'll let my parents in too.

Old 08-17-2006, 04:21 PM   #2
(female)

Aleisha's_mom HB User
Re: How many people allowed in u/s room?

When i was pregnant with my daughter last year, the only one that was allowed in was my husband, and for him too it was just for a short while at the end. Who knows, they might let your family in, maybe every office is different...... good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2006, 04:26 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

*Stace* HB User

That's weird....my husband wasn't able to come with me for mine, but my mom drove down to be with me (because the only reason I was having mine when I did is because they were checking for Down's and I had an amnio right after), and she was in there with me the WHOLE time....guess it just depends on your doctor.

Old 08-17-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

beabonnet HB User

I have had 2 people with me when I've had ultrasounds. But, I don't think they were level 2 ultrasounds.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:43 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

lovemybabyboys HB User

my husband and my parents where with me. i guess it just depends on the office. i would ask before hand.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:10 AM   #6
(female)

Rysmamma HB User

When i gave birth to my son in march, I had 5 people in the room not including the midwife and nurse. It was such an awesome experience to have all my close family and friends there.

Old 08-18-2006, 06:54 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User

I never noticed anything at my hospital saying how many people could be there. I always went in the ultrasound by myself because my Husband couldn't get off of work and I didn't think he needed to be there if it was routine. He did come for the 20 week ultrasound when we found out what the baby was. Some places will bend the rules a little so maybe if you call ahead of time and just ask and tell them about your situation, they will work with you. Good luck!

Old 08-18-2006, 07:25 AM   #8
(female)

Laetitia HB User

For my 20-week u/s, my OB said I could have as many people as could fit in the room! It ended up being me, my DH, my mom, and my MIL.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:46 AM   #9
(female)

mum2three HB User

I had tp drive almost 3 hours for my level ll and they had signs posted no maore than 3 extra can go in with patient. The room was plenty big enough, but their rules. I feel like it should have been stated when appt was made, as you have to be referred for a level ll. Thank goodness it was just dh,dd,and ds so we didn't have any issues. The routine u/s are done at my docs office, and I have never had any extras there either.But she is so laid back that I could prolly pack it full and she would make a joke about it. She has a extra moniter set up for guests. I thought I would have to have a full bladder ( that is the way it was 11-12 years ago) and I was told no, no, no.The equipment is much more sophisticated now. I actually emptied my bladder right before the test so I would be comfortable( I did hold it just in case someone got their wires crossed)
But anyway, good luck and I hope all comes out all right. Enjoy seeing your little bean.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:56 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

MJCota HB User

It's different everywhere. My hosptial did my son's measurments then called my husband in. Which bothered me because I wanted him there the whole time. But when I had my second one dh couldn't make it and I had it at a high risk drs office and my mil and sil were allowed in the whole time. Call ahead and double check. Let them know your mother is flying in for the occasion and you'd like a few people in there. They might break up the time between family members! Good luck and congrats!

Old 08-21-2006, 08:57 AM   #11
(female)

mcohen HB User

I have my level 2 coming up on Friday and they told me that I could bring whoever I wanted. Both grandmothers are going with me.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:07 AM   #12
(female)

mommy2bee HB User

i could only have 2 other people in the room but if u have more then 2 if one leaves halfway through then the other can come in they could take turns

Old 08-21-2006, 01:17 PM   #13
(female)

Safc-Chick HB User

I had my partner and 2 kids with me but they did the babys measurments then got him in, but they do have signs saying only 1 person allowed in the room with you.

Closed Thread