It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2006, 05:46 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

yellowrose5006 HB User
Jonah Allen arrived

On August 9th we were admitted to the hospital to have cervadil administered to get my cervix ready for induction Thursday am....well, the cervadil was fine, but as soon as it was removed at 5 am I went into some really hard contractions. Induction would not be necessary!

However, it was clear after about an hour that the contractions were stressing out the baby so my doc decided to do an emergency c-section.

Jonah Allen was born at 8:03am, 6lbs 9 oz with more hair than his daddy!

Because of the RH- thing he was diagnosed as a hyperjaundice at noontime and went under the Billie lights in NICU. He was under the lights for 5 days and received 2 IVR flows for the jaundice, and then they kept him for 1 more day for observation. We finally came home this last Wednesday.

We saw the Ped on Thursday and he said if my baby had been born 15 years ago he would have been severley brain damaged as the IVR technology wasn't available then and that poor Jonah was the sickest baby he had ever seen in 35 years. So ladies, make sure to get your Rhogam shots and sensetization tests!

Well, you wouldn't know that he was so sick now! He is the gassiest creature I've ever met! Everything else is going fine...the c-sec was not bad at all. I was up and walking the next day (not very far, but I had incentive to get to the NICU).

BTW, make sure to make friends with your nurses....they could just save your life! And DON'T refuse the stool softener...you'll thank God for that stool softener.

All the best to you all!
Yellowrose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2006, 06:13 PM   #2
(female)

pradasweets1983 HB User
Re: Jonah Allen arrived

First of all, congratulations on your new happy arrival! I hope to have one of those as well.

I have a question for you if you come back to this thread: Did you recieve the Rhogam shot before your preg, or at 28 weeks? And even after that he was still jaundice? I am Rh-as well. My husband is Rh+. I was just curious, I didn't know that there would still be a negative affect after the shot was administered.

I wish you all the best of luck.........Jess

Old 08-18-2006, 06:31 PM   #3
(female)

Faythey HB User

Congrats!! I'm glad everything turned out okay - sounds like it was scary for a little while there.

And I totally agree on the stool softener thing!

Old 08-20-2006, 10:02 AM   #4
(female)

mum2three HB User

Congratulations yellowrose on Jonah. Sorry about all the problems though at least you didn't labor for hours then have the c/s. I find it odd about the RH- linking to jaundice. I am RH- and my first 2 children were RH +, so I receied shots after delivery. But there weren't any ill affects to the babies. I bet your just glad for you and Jonah to be home. Again congrats

Old 08-21-2006, 02:17 PM   #5
(female)

sousou HB User

Congratulations Yellowrose , I am so happy for you !!!
enjoy your baby and your new life as a mom !!
God bless your family !!

Old 08-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

yellowrose5006 HB User

Hi all,
Thanks all here is going well. Jonah is very enthralled with the outdoors, always wants to be by the doors and windows!

As for the RH thing...
Rhogam works before and after a possible exposure to RH + blood (pregnancy, any surguries etc) . After you have already been exposed Rhogam doesn't really do anything. I did get the shot at 28 weeks, but by then it was really too late. I had never had any surguries or pregancies, but when one of my blood tests came back it showed I had been exposed to RH + blood so my body started attacking Jonah's. There are only 4K cases in the US each year, so it is pretty rare especially for a first pregnancy. Most babies get a little jaundice, but in this kind of exposure the baby overreacts to fighting off my blood so it produces extra billrubians.
Hope that helps!

Old 08-23-2006, 05:17 PM   #7
(female)

mum2three HB User

That is so weird, they don't know how you were exposed? Could it have been in your mothers womb? I had read up on this because I also am RH- and I read about if you are not treated it affecting future pg's. Did they say if this would? Well it shouldn't considering you were already exposed. I don't know. I am just glad you and Jonah are ok. How is he doing?

Old 09-07-2006, 09:29 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

yellowrose5006 HB User

Nope, still don't know how I was exposed. I hadn't thought about being exposed in my mothers womb...maybe, she is +.

The same thing would happen again if we were to have another baby (we're not and decided that before this one even started). Because once you are exposed to the + blood you are always exposed to the + blood.

We're doing really well. Just went back to work this week, he didn't like it here the first couple of days, but it seems to be getting better. He's up 2 - 3x a night which is getting tiresome, but dh is doing most of the evening/night shifts.

Thanks for everyone's support!

Closed Thread