It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2006, 08:23 PM   #1
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User
Colposcopy at 16 wks

Pap smear came back abnormal, so now they wanna do a colpo, minus the biopsy at first. They said that if they see anything wrong with the abnoral cells under the microscope, then they will take action, but if not, they will wait till after baby is born. Anyone else ever get back an abnoral pap during pg? What did they do?

~Jackie G.~~

Old 08-19-2006, 06:34 AM   #2
(female)

GloryGurl HB User
Re: Colposcopy at 16 wks

Hi There, My niece who is 19 had an abnormal pap test during her prenatal exam. She had the Colposcopy done while pregnant which revealed pre-cancerous cells. The doctor decided not to do any procedures until 6 weeks after delivery.

Her baby is now 3 weeks old so she will be going back in to see the doctor in a few weeks. Try not to worry yourself to much about it.

Glory

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2006, 07:23 AM   #3
(female)

cincbcat HB User
Talking Re: Colposcopy at 16 wks

My pap came back abnormal at my 8 week prenatal check up. He said we'd give it 4 months and re-test, so I am scheduled for a colpo next week at 28 weeks. I'm used to abnormal paps so I'm not so concerned. I know he said he'd wait till after I give birth to proceed with treatment though, because sometimes pregnancy can actually help abnormal cells. Try not to worry too much and enjoy what's left of your pregnancy.

Old 08-19-2006, 09:08 AM   #4
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User

Thanks ladies. I have been trying not to let it bother me, but it has been hard. I am not so much afraid of what they have to do to remove the cells, if they are cancerous, or precancerous, but I would rather wait till after my baby's born to have any procedure like that done. The OB I went to w/first pg (which I ended up m/c'ing), found the cells months ago, and would not even do the colpo. Now my new OB said if they are bad cells, they would have to remove them. I originally got the abnormal results Oct. '05, but I got pg in Dec. and they wouldn't do it then, and then after I m/c'ed I got pg 4 months later, now with this little bean. So, I was supposed to take care of this back then, but my pg's came close together so I couldn't. I just hope when they look, that it is nothing herrendous. I am very worried tho. Thanks again, and good luck to you all!

~Jackie G.~

Old 08-21-2006, 08:50 AM   #5
(female)

mcohen HB User

I had an abnormal pap at my first prenatal exam and they did a colpo without the biopsy and everything looked fine but they will do another pap a little later in my pregnancy to keep an eye on things. About 6 months before I got pregnant I had an abnormal pap and they did a colpo with the biopsy and the biopsy didn't show any problems at all.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:33 AM   #6
(female)

Viking2007 HB User

I am having one on Wednesday... at 17 weeks. I've never in 30 years had an abnormal pap, until a month ago. Test number 2 came back abnormal too.
Either way, I think I'll feel better after the test, finally knowing how bad it is. Not worrying is the only thing we can do... Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Old 08-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #7
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User

Thanks and you too! Yeah, I don't care about the procedure they will do do remove these cells, but if it won't hurt the baby to wait until after him/her is born, I want to do that! Hope yours comes back okay!

~Jackie G.~~

Old 08-21-2006, 11:54 AM   #8
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User

Thanks and you too! Yeah, I don't care about the procedure they will do do remove these cells, but if it won't hurt the baby to wait until after him/her is born, I want to do that! Hope yours comes back okay!

~Jackie G.~~

Closed Thread