It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2006, 07:02 AM   #1
(female)

Emmajo HB User
Angry scared of losing the baby

i just found out last week that I'm pregnant. It's 6 weeks since my last period and I'm so happy to be pregnant. But I also have such huge anxieties. I was anorexic as a teenager and even though I got over it, my periods have always been short and light and it was hard for us to get pregnant. Because I'm 35, and I had CMV a few years ago, I'm now paranoid something terrible's going to happen. I'm so happy and in love with my husband but I just want to enjoy this time and not freak out. Can anyone discuss this with me? thanks

Last edited by moderator2; 08-20-2006 at 01:03 PM. Reason: posted contact info

Old 08-20-2006, 07:13 AM   #2
(female)

Just~A~ HB User
Re: scared of losing the baby

I am the 'queen of anxiety.' I initially checked for spotting frequently. I haven't had CMV (as far as I know), but I had a previous m/c. The first trimester is nerve wracking, and if your doc doesn't schedule you until later on, you're left wondering and hoping everything is okay.

I try not give advice (only share my personal experiences), but personally I felt better seeing a doc early on to see how I was doing. I had to have medical assistance to get pg (and RE) so I was already seen regularly until about 7 wks along. Then I saw my new OB at 11 wks. The advice: I bet you could call your doctor's office and tell them you have a lot of concerns and questions and would like to schedule an appt. NOW.

Best wishes!

~A~
via IUI #2 w/ injectibles

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2006, 08:31 AM   #3
(female)

Emmajo HB User

thank you so much A, that was really helpful. I actually did make an appointment with a new gynecologist (my other one who helped me get pregnant said I had to find someone else as she doesn't have an US machine in her office). I am meeting the new person on Tuesday and I don't care how crazy and neurotic I sound, I'm just going to ask everything. I've also been anxious my whole life so it's not surprising, but I have to tell myself that to a large extent, whatever happens with this pregnancy is out of my control. I would like to be able to discuss these things with someone as the time goes by though so I thank you for your posting.

Old 08-20-2006, 12:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hi emma
congrats i know i can't say what i do exactly but i do work in the e.d field, i have worked with many people with ed's currently and recovered/recovering and both healthy babys and not so good outcomes have occured i.e. m/c, i would like to say as long as you have no other health problems and are eating great now it should not affect the outcome of your pregnancy. best of luck i am sure all is well. personally i had a m/c and never had an eating disorder so it is not a precursor to m/c. obviously if you are struggling with body image whilst pg some therapy would be of benefit. wishing you well in the future and well done on your recovery you go girl

Old 08-20-2006, 08:55 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

ament HB User

I was anorexic on and off again from age 14 - 23, and have went an entire year w/o a period, and usually only get them 4 times a year. I didn't even think I was capable of conceiving, but surprise. I am now in my 17th week of pregnancy. I wouldn't worry to much about it if I were you. Good luck.

Okay, I misread your question before blurting my answer, so I prob didn't help much LOL.

Last edited by ament; 08-20-2006 at 08:57 PM.

Old 08-21-2006, 02:33 AM   #6
(female)

Emmajo HB User

thanks weepyone. it's just nice to know that people are reading my post and are willing to offer their support. i know that m/c can occur for all sorts of reasons and i know that my ed will not have anything to do with it as i recovered so long ago, but in the last 5 or 6 years my periods got so light and so short that they didn't think i could even get pregnant so i guess that's what made me think of it. it's so funny, b/c for the first time in my life, rather than thinking "how many calories in this?" i think, "is this good for the baby?" and that is 100% my focus. thanks for caring.

Old 08-21-2006, 02:35 AM   #7
(female)

Emmajo HB User

hi ament. you DID help. it's nice to know someone understands. and good for you! week 17, that's awesome. how do you feel? i've also had a lot of diarrhea in the last couple of weeks. everything worries me, but thankfully i have an appointment with a new OB/GYN (my other one only sees you until you get pregnant) tomorrow. i'm also crying a bit too...

Old 08-21-2006, 12:13 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmajo
thanks weepyone. it's just nice to know that people are reading my post and are willing to offer their support. i know that m/c can occur for all sorts of reasons and i know that my ed will not have anything to do with it as i recovered so long ago, but in the last 5 or 6 years my periods got so light and so short that they didn't think i could even get pregnant so i guess that's what made me think of it. it's so funny, b/c for the first time in my life, rather than thinking "how many calories in this?" i think, "is this good for the baby?" and that is 100% my focus. thanks for caring.
anytime chick take care and enjoy your pregnancy

Closed Thread