It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2006, 11:39 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

luckydarlin HB User
General Questions

Hi there -

I think I'm approx. 5 weeks pregnant right now (conceived probably within the last few days of July). I've been feeling some light cramping which I'm told is normal because the ligaments are stretching - anyone else feel this?

Also, shouldn't I be feeling sick...or is it still too early?

Can you have Splenda while pregnant? I love Crystal Lite, but it has Splenda in it. Depending on where you read, you can have it because it isn't as artificial as nutra-sweet.

Thanks!

Old 08-21-2006, 11:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User
Re: General Questions

I'm also 5w4d today and having those same cramps. I had my first sonogram today and they said everything looks fine, but the cramps do have me a little worried b/c it is my first one. My acupuncturist says it's just what you said, "stretching of the ligaments."

I'm also not feeling too sick yet! Thank goodness! I only feel it accompanied with some dizziness if I don't eat like every couple of hours. I'm noticing though that I can't eat as much as I used to because my stomach seems to fill quicker and then I tend to feel a bit sick if I get too full. My best friend has an 8 month old and never felt any morning sickness at all during her entire pregnancy. Her mom, on the other hand, got sick before she even missed her period. I guess everyone is different and the symptoms shouldn't be how we regulate if everything is going okay. I do have to convince myself of that though because I've been questioning everything too!!

I don't know how to answer your Splenda question. I've been told to stay away from too many sugars. I'm addicted to Gatorade which I think I need to start diluting becasue it has tons of sugar. But personally, I'm not a big fan of artificial sugars (including Splenda).

Hope this info helped!

Last edited by km7503; 08-21-2006 at 11:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2006, 12:04 PM   #3
(female)

Just~A~ HB User

I still feel those crampy/twinges (as I call them) at 13 wks.

I consume some Splenda, but try not to do too much. I did give up the "blue stuff" (which was my favorite). I tend to drink water (of course), apple juice and orange juice (sometimes diluted a bit).

I didn't feel sick until about 6 wks or so. I felt kind of miserable till about 10 or 11 wks. I feel okay now unless I get hungry. Eating some food every 2 hours is highly recommended by me! :-) Plus, some PNVs have extra B6 to ease nausea. Love those.

Best wishes!
~A~
via IUI #2 w/ injectibles

Old 08-21-2006, 12:23 PM   #4
(female)

smsm HB User

I am 5 weeks now , I found out that I am pregnant from my blood first and after a week I took a hpt and it showed +ve, I just have lower back pain , but may be because I am working around all day with my 2 years old son, in my son I start have morning sickness when I was 15 weeks pregnant.

Old 08-21-2006, 04:13 PM   #5
(female)

Sumami HB User

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with those cramps. I didn't realise it was the ligaments stretching so that is a relief. This is my first so I'm questioning everything! I'm very fortunate so far to not have any real symptoms of pregnancy (apart from the cramps).

Wish I could help with the Splenda question but I don't have it at all so I'm not sure if it's recommended.

Old 08-22-2006, 05:52 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

luckydarlin HB User

Yep, this is my first as well, so I'm feeling very much like a dope!

The only other thing I'm noticing (which is making me CRAZY) is that I cannot sleep through the night. I wake up every 1/2 hour to hour all night long - very restless sleep. I'm wondering if this is hormones.

Good luck to everyone!

Closed Thread