It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2006, 02:14 PM   #1
(female)

sousou HB User
Adam's Birth Story!!

my baby was 6 days late and I was scheduled to be induced on thursday aug.10 at 6p.m,
on the 9th I woke up at 5 am ( couldn't sleep bcz of my huge stomach) and had breakfast.. at 6 30 am I felt some fluid going down but did not suspect that my water broke and just used the restroom and ignored it...at 7 15 am more fluid came down so I called my doc , she asked to go to the hospital to get checked....I did not go until 9 30 am ...when I got there they confirmed that it is amniotic fluid, the nurse told me that according to the monitor I was having regular contractions ( 7min apart) I wasn't feeling anything and I was telling myself that maybe I will not feel anything until the end ( wishful thinking )...she called the doctor and they decided to take me to the delivery room..when I got there it was noon my contractions were 2 min apart and still no pain for me....baby heart beat started dropping so doc came right away and told me that I will have a c section if heart beat does not go back to normal ( specially that my water was brownish which means baby did # 2 and ate from it)..at 3 p.m doc decided to give me some pectosin to speed up the contractions..as soon as she started I felt the worst pain in my life...nothing like my previous babies...I asked to sit because I couldn't handle the pain laying on my back...as soon as i sat ..the machine started ringing and so many people were in my room looking at me and the nurse turned all red, she was screaming to call the doc...they put me on my side head down and feet up..my blood pressure was down to 60 over 35..baby's heartbeat was 80 to 70..I was feeling ok except fo the pain....doc came again as it took them long time to get back my blood pressure to normal reading ,it kept going up and down for like an hour..they suspected that my body did not like the pectosin....at 5 30 pm my blood pressure was ok 90 over 58 and baby hb was in the normal range, contractions were awful had to stay all the time on my side..I really felt like my back was going to break into 2 pieces and I really wished the doc will go for a c section....I was still at 7 cm..they kept telling me baby will be here in an hour...but nothing until I got to 9 cm at arround 9 pm ..I was asked to start pushing at arround 10 pm and I was suprised that I did not have to push too long like previous babies ...I was so happy to hear baby crying..did not see him because they took him aside to clean his lungs , I was just hearing him crying ..I could see the big smile on my husband face and I knew that everything was ok, I asked him if he has all his toes and fingers( lol) and he said that he looks perfect...they gave me my baby half an hour later after they made sure everything is ok......
9 pounds 8 ounces and 21 1/2 inches....
after holding my healthy baby I completely forgot about the hard labor I had.
I wish you all healthy babies !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2006, 03:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User
Re: Adam's Birth Story!!

Congratulations Mommy!!!!!!!!!

Glad Adam is fine and all is well!

Cheers! Barbara

Old 08-21-2006, 03:36 PM   #3
(female)

mum2three HB User
Thumbs up Re: Adam's Birth Story!!

Sousou,
Congratulations!!! What a great name too. I had pitocin with my last delivery and it was awful But I wasn't in labor that long with it. 7 hours seems like a long time with pitocin. I am just glad you and baby are doing well. I hope you and the older ones are enjoying Adam. He was a big boy!!! I hope mine doesn't get that big. How big were your first 2? I will be so glad when I deliver this one. Congratulations again
PS
Did hubby get the crib yet LOL

Old 08-21-2006, 03:59 PM   #4
(female)

sousou HB User

mum2three

baby1 was 10 pounds10 ounces
baby2 was 8 pounds 14 ounces

but pushing with this one was short and quick...

Old 08-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #5
(female)

sousou HB User

sorry mum2three, I had Adam in my arms and did not read last part..
no crib yet..he is sleeping in a bassinet..hopefully he will get one this week end...husband is going crazy looking at the baby , I guess having a baby after 11 years make us apreciate them better
do not worry about size of baby mum2three, mine get big becz they go over dd...first was 13 days late,second 5 days and this one 6 days...
I wish you the best...November will be here before you know it..just enjoy your pregnancy and the baby's kicks ( I really miss that )

Old 08-21-2006, 05:37 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

congrats on getting thru all of that.....didn't you get a chance to get an epi?

Old 08-22-2006, 07:05 PM   #7
(female)

mum2three HB User

Wow, you just have big babies. My first was 6lb5oz, and second was 7lb1oz. But I smoked on and off with both of them, I haven't smoked in 1 1/2 years, so I am afraid this one will be bigger. As long as he stays under 8lbs LOL. Both of mine have been a little early, so they may have helped too. DH hasn't started cradle yet, so I may have to but a bassinet for first few months. I am getting so anxious, my head hurts every day(sinus), my legs are swelling, my back is killing me. I just feel horrible.It was't like this 11 years ago. I pray I can make it. Enjoy little Adam.

Old 08-23-2006, 04:21 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

yellowrose5006 HB User

oh sousou, congrats about Adam!!!!!
What a bummer that labor didn't go better but what a payoff!

Old 08-23-2006, 04:27 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

yellowrose5006 HB User

oh sousou, congrats about Adam!!!!!
What a bummer that labor didn't go better but what a payoff!

Closed Thread