It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2006, 07:00 PM   #1
(female)

Green Frog HB User
Due Date Today....no baby :(

So today is almost over and no baby, its kind of sad. I almost feel like its her birthday and she forgot to show up Does anyone have any suggestions on how long to wait until thinking about induction? Any advice would be appreciated. TIA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bridget021182 HB User
Re: Due Date Today....no baby :(

I am due in 2 weeks from today. I am so ready to have her here that I am trying red raspberry leaf tea. It is supposed to get labor going according to "What to Expect When Your Expecting". It said that it is supposed to really put you in labor and not to use it until you are ready to have the baby. So I am drinking this at this very moment. I was also reading on a website (I cant remember what one it was) but it talked about doing castor oil omlet or shake. I got the stuff for the shake and am considering but I want to see if the tea does anything. The omlet is 2 tbsp of oil to 2 eggs and you can make it an omlet or scramble them but they said that it is really oily and has a bad taste. The shake is 2 oz of oil with vanilla ice cream and orange juice. One woman said that it tasted like an orange dreamcicle and she did it twice and her baby came that day. The other woman said that she did it once and didnt like the flavor but it worked and her baby was there that day. So just a couple of ideas. Hope your little one comes soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2006, 09:23 PM   #3
(female)

Sun Flower HB User

Most doctors will wait one or two weeks after a woman's due date before considering inducing labor. There are really very few babys who are born on their due dates. I have three and not one was born right on the date that the doc gave me anyway.

I kind of figured out my own due dates. It worked for me, but that does not mean it may work for someone else. Just pretend that the whole nine months that you have been pregnant you were having your periods, figure out what day you would have been ovulating each month until you get to this month. Around the time/day that you should have ovulated this month if you were still having your period is usually the day the baby would be born. I hope I explained myself....If not let me know......

Sun Flower

Last edited by Sun Flower; 08-21-2006 at 09:28 PM.

Old 08-21-2006, 10:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pinkie1 HB User

EDD are just that, estimated. Another factor is if your cycle is usually on the long side (ie. 31 day cycles) then usually the baby will not arrive on the due date.

My son was due (2/5/03) and even a week later there were absolutely no signs of him coming out. I wasn't even dialating! No Braxton Hicks! He turned out to be over 9# and I'm a petite 5'3" frame and he was running out of room in there, but was still content as can be.
Dr. will usually induce 2 weeks after the due date.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:43 AM   #5
(female)

Safc-Chick HB User

awww I know how your feeling I was due on saturday and my baby still has'nt shown up, I'm gutted its not fair and here the midwife said I won't be started off till I've gone over my due date by 15 days

Old 08-22-2006, 11:17 AM   #6
(female)

Beyondthesky37 HB User

Hey there sorry you still have to wait for your little one. I wanted to add something about the Raspberry leaf tea. My doctor told me it does not put you in labor. But it does help to strengenth your uterus by making the braxton Hicks contractions be more effective. I took the Raspberry leaf pills from 36 weeks on and I was 3cm and 50% effaced before I even went into labor. My labor only lasted an hour and a half. The castor oil thing does work. I've had many people tell me that's what put them in labor. But like the above poster said put it in the omlet or shake if you want to take it. Just a warning about that though it can make you have bad cramping and loose bowl movements. Some say it might cause the baby to have bowel movement but it hasn't been proven. But I think the shake and omlet are meant to help prevent some of the side effects. Goodluck. You'll be holding your little one soon.

Closed Thread